k bobs

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

pup
Pilgrim

k bobs

Postby pup » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:14 pm

I tried some k bob on my char griller turn out great marinated the beef in one marnaited and the chicken in another added tomatoes red yellow green peppers onions mushrooms and had corn on the cob and baked potato garlic bread it was cool outside but warm and good inside will put the two different marniades on later had family over grandson loves kbobs i love to see kids eat that good at two years old :P :P :P :P :P HAPPY COOKING
I JUS WUV BAR B Q
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Pics!!!

Sounds like a good meal! I keep sayin that I'm gonna do some k-bobs but havent done it yet. Been years since I did them.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Sounds real good. :D Where's the pics ?? :dont: We really like pics. :D 8)
Jim
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:24 pm

Kabobs sound real good about now... What did you marinate them in?

James.
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:05 am

Aloha,

I love k-bobs; beef, pork, fish, lamb and shellfish. I have used bamboo skewers for years and more recently the metal ones that are on the market. Problem is that the food rotates on the skewers so I have been double skewing the meat.

I saw some 3/8 and 5/8 inch wide flat skewers on the 'Net that will do the trick. Ordered 6 of each size. Look more like swords... Will let you good folks know how they work!

have a geat weekend...

a hui hou,
honu41
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Man, I thought you were talkin' about the old steakhouse called K-Bobs......darn!

:wink:
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:47 pm

DaHorns wrote:Man, I thought you were talkin' about the old steakhouse called K-Bobs......darn!

That was actually a decent place to eat. Decent food and wasnt expensive from what I remmeber... I miss em!
Chuck

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Closest thing to a Sizzling Sirloin which ever been invented. Cheap tough steaks highly marinated in meat tenderizer. Never was overly impressed with em. Now I did get a free steak in there one day when I was eating there with a chum or two and a yankee wifey type person. Course I had already finished my steak when I happen to look over at the wifey lady who had ordered her's rare and it was plenty cold and bloody. I simply say to her..."Dang..I have seen cow's hurt worse than that which has got well." Turned her tummy queasy for some reason so she shoved it over to me and I ate it too. Dont mind helping out pals and palettes on deals like that when they lose their appetites. It mo betta to throw it up than throw it out huh? Still worry a little as to whether I caught worms on that deal.

bigwheel
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:27 pm

bigwheel wrote:Closest thing to a Sizzling Sirloin which ever been invented. Cheap tough steaks highly marinated in meat tenderizer. Never was overly impressed with em. Now I did get a free steak in there one day when I was eating there with a chum or two and a yankee wifey type person. Course I had already finished my steak when I happen to look over at the wifey lady who had ordered her's rare and it was plenty cold and bloody. I simply say to her..."Dang..I have seen cow's hurt worse than that which has got well." Turned her tummy queasy for some reason so she shoved it over to me and I ate it too. Dont mind helping out pals and palettes on deals like that when they lose their appetites. It mo betta to throw it up than throw it out huh? Still worry a little as to whether I caught worms on that deal.

bigwheel

I was thinkin that the worm you caught was from the empty tequilla bottle sittin next to your computer! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know that I ever ordered a steak from K-Bobs. I always got the chicken fried steak.
Chuck

rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:49 pm

They always had good baked taters, and a good salad bar!
Working on 800! :lol: :lol: :lol:
a stumpted toe hurts
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 am

I thought they had gone belly up, but on my way to Houston last week I saw one in Brenham on 290. I almost stopped, but just wanted to get home after being in Houston for 4 days. :lol:
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 pm

DaHorns wrote:Man, I thought you were talkin' about the old steakhouse called K-Bobs......darn!

Well, back when I was just a kiddo, if Dad come across a few extra $ and wanted to take the family out there were two places that were considered... K-Bobs and Bonanza... Great times as I recall...

James.
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Not to hijack this thread...... :twisted:

Does anyone remember a place called The Feed Store? We used to have them in the Houston area when I was a kid, and if I remember right they made a MEAN monsterous chicky fried steak, smashed taters, country gravy, and yummy yeast rolls. Just reliving a old memory....... :banana:
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:43 am

What's in a name? Was in Winnepeg Canada once and stopped in at some kind of ethnic bistro. They had Kabobs as the special. So I ordered two. A little while later I get this mound of grilled lamb cubes and a fork. :shock: Not a veggie to be found. I was thinking I was getting what Pup made. Well it tasted good but wasn't what I was expecting.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”