Beer can burger and bacon rings

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Beer can burger and bacon rings

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Yes, ironically enough, it originated in Minnesota. Which is full of Norwiegians and Swedes. Right in the heart of cold country.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/minneapol ... que-burger

They also sell burger stuffing tools over here as well. Which you yourself know you don't need, you can use lots of stuff to do it with out buying something that you can't drink.

https://www.ebay.com/i/331292141156?chn=ps

I have never cooked a juicy lucy myself, as I can get everything I want on top of it. But the next time I cook a burger I am going to do some of those bacon rings you showed us.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:53 pm

What you know! I wasn't familiar with the name and history of the juicy Lucy. Thanks for providing the reading.

When it comes to gadgets I am a fan but would pass on the one you linked to.

The onion rings with bacon are really good. A little bit cumbersome to make, though.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:53 pm

egghead wrote:Joernolav’s Burgers and Bacon Rings are over the top. Excellent eats Amigo.
Thanks

twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Those burgers looked awesome! The bacon wrapped rings are my favorite too, but as you said they are cumbersome to make.
:salut: :chef:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Hey Joe, my oldest gave me some Burger stuffers a couple years ago and I've used them once. My wife likes own-yawns chopped up in her pattie but to me it just makes it fall apart when you try and turn it on the grill. :roll: All of this is being said by someone who makes an ABT Burger that you have to have two hands to eat and once you start you'd better not put it down or you'll be eating it with a fork from then on. :laughing7: :lol: :D
IMG_0260.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Great looking meal. Cheese and meat just go together.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:57 pm

killer burger
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:28 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Joe, my oldest gave me some Burger stuffers a couple years ago and I've used them once. My wife likes own-yawns chopped up in her pattie but to me it just makes it fall apart when you try and turn it on the grill. :roll: All of this is being said by someone who makes an ABT Burger that you have to have two hands to eat and once you start you'd better not put it down or you'll be eating it with a fork from then on. :laughing7: :D
IMG_0260.jpg
I agree. Not often I use the burger stuffer either. Used it this time though. I have the plastic one from Weber. Works ok, but I don't like it. Makes the the burger to uniform, like they are factory made.

Regarding putting stuff in the pattie I neither do it. Prefer to have the good stuff on top.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:51 am

I showed those bacon wrapped own-yawn rings to the Wiffy and she replied "well, if it's made with bacon and onions, then how can you lose?" BTW, she do love her bacon and own-yawns. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”