Rib eye today

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Rib eye today

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 pm

Made a rib eye roast today. Made on the gas grill. Throwed in som apple wood while cooking on indirect heat. Seasoned only with salt, pepper and garlic. Awaiting my Sucklebuster rubs. As usual we have broccoli made in the oven with garlic, sea salt and garlic. My wife made the Bearnaise sauce and broccoli. I made mashed potatoes with bacon and cheddar.

Fonzie is always around waiting for something to fall down. If you see that black iron thing in background of the picture of my wife cutting broccoli. That is used for making waffle cakes which we eat with whipped cream to Christmas.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Re: Rib eye today

Postby daBertl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Mouthwatering as allways :salut: :chef: :salut:
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:51 pm

Fantastic and it reminds me of the Bertl's offerings too :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:13 pm

I'll have a plate of that!
(Insert witty signature here)
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Great looking stuff Joe. What is the silver machine the other side of the waffle iron?
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:12 pm

GRailsback wrote:Great looking stuff Joe. What is the silver machine the other side of the waffle iron?

My guess is a coffee/espresso maker.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:46 am

Txdragon wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Great looking stuff Joe. What is the silver machine the other side of the waffle iron?

Txdragon is right. It's a Nespresso machine. Makes great coffee. You have those in the US?

That iron looks very much like a waffle iron but it doesn't make waffles. Only super thin cakes that we roll into this cones.

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:00 am

Joernolav wrote:
Txdragon wrote:

Txdragon is right. It's a Nespresso machine. Makes great coffee. You have those in the US?

That iron looks very much like a waffle iron but it doesn't make waffles. Only super thin cakes that we roll into this cones.

The Nespresso machines are just making their popularity here, not sure how long they have been available though. I've seen some recent TV commercials for them. Yours pictured would be the first time I've seen it! I had been spoiled by European coffee when I spent time overseas. The usual cup there is what we serve as espresso here, and a premium price is paid. Lol! I had a decent espresso machine several years ago and am not opposed to finding another under the Christmas tree this year!
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:12 am

I highly recommend a Nespresso machine. We've had one for years, maybe 5-6 years. . Very easy. Just insert a pod and you have a very good cup of coffee in an instant. Just turn a knob to choose between a ristretto, espresso americano and you always get a good crema on top. Lots of different coffee types to choose from. Much better than the old percolator which makes to much coffee at once and you're stuck with the brew for hours and until it's no good anymore

Here's an espresso from the machine.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:57 pm

I just drink regular coffee, but I have a machince that makes one cup at a time and allows me to use regular coffee grounds to do it. Joe, that is also some nice meaty looking bacon. and I don't think I have ever seen potato's done that way, but it looks really good. And Fonzie is looking awesome as well. Hope that sad face on him that day got him some nice ribeye.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:25 pm

GRailsback wrote:I just drink regular coffee, but I have a machince that makes one cup at a time and allows me to use regular coffee grounds to do it. Joe, that is also some nice meaty looking bacon. and I don't think I have ever seen potato's done that way, but it looks really good. And Fonzie is looking awesome as well. Hope that sad face on him that day got him some nice ribeye.
There's a reason Fonzie always is around when we are preparing food. He always gets a taste. It's incredibly how sorry a dog can look when it's begging for food.

The bacon is just ordinary bacon we use. The pork breed they use here is very lean, which is something they have worked for over many years.

Those potatoes taste great. Very easy to make. I saw it in a magazine once. Not a common way to do here either. I vary the cheese and spices depending on what I have available. Gouda cheese and dill is also a great combo.

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Joernolav wrote:
Those potatoes taste great. Very easy to make. I saw it in a magazine once. Not a common way to do here either. I vary the cheese and spices depending on what I have available. Gouda cheese and dill is also a great combo.

Wait a second. It was potatoes in the bacon blanket?! Ok buddy, tell us more about this potato dish!! 8) ;)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Yes. Forgot to take picture before I covered it with cheddar. It is actually pretty easy. Make som mashed potatoes. Place bacon strips overlapping each other on a piece of clingfoil. Spread about 1 1/2 inch thick layer of mashed potatoes on the bacon. Leave ends bare so you can lock in place when finished. Season with what you like and then some cheese on top. Roll together like on the picture. Lift it in the clingfoil over to a tray and roll it carefully out of the clingfoil. Put it in the oven on 400 F for about 15-20 min. until the bacon is crisp and finished.

smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Just KILLER.......all the way around! :cheers:
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon