Re: CrowdCow

Postby Mule rider » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:48 pm

Heck I have a problem paying $6.99 a pound. :banghead:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:17 am

:shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:13 am

Considering the grade, the prices are very reasonable.
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:19 am

Txdragon wrote:Considering the grade, the prices are very :?: reasonable :?: .

Chef Pal, your usage of adjectives is completely different than mine, altho mine "would also" begin with an "R". :laughing7: :banghead: :whiteflag: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
mule rider USER_AVATAR
Mule rider
Rustler

Postby Mule rider » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Sorry but I am just a" CIO ", California Improved Okie. Dang near buy a Quarter of a beef for that. I like good meat but I cant afford that. But if you would like to buy one for me to try I would gladly try it for you. :laughing7: :lol:
rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

Postby rexster314 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:21 pm

I'm on their email list. Some of the stuff is not too bad, but never bought anything from them so far. Friends use it and like it a lot
Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Wow, thanks for posting that Allen. In looking at the pictures it sure looks like that meat is half fat. I do know one thing; I'm going to look into buying a Waygu bull and crossing it on some Crossbred Cows
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:07 am

You might also consider Hiring a Massage Therapist to Massage the New Calves for that Special Steak Muscle :D

Just ribbing you this morning, Friend, no sarcasm intended, OK? :bow:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:20 am

Rambo wrote:Wow, thanks for posting that Allen. In looking at the pictures it sure looks like that meat is half fat. I do know one thing; I'm going to look into buying a Waygu bull and crossing it on some Crossbred Cows

It looks scary but true Wagyu fat melts at extremely low temps compared to our cattle. It will melt in your hands. It should be kept refrigerated until you cook it. Plus, an added benefit, it's not as bad for you as our cattle!
http://rosewoodbeef.com/why-wagyu/healt ... agyu-beef/
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:23 pm

$700 for a brisket flat and an easy grand for a rib roast............ :shock:

I don't care if it makes me ten feet tall and bulletproof..........................I'll let the snobs enjoy their massively over priced gems.

I can make a great meal from the "unwashed masses" regular brisket selections.
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:28 am

Smoking Piney wrote:$700 for a brisket flat and an easy grand for a rib roast............ :shock:

I don't care if it makes me ten feet tall and bulletproof..........................I'll let the snobs enjoy their massively over priced gems.

:laughing7: It's pricey stuff for sure. It gets higher! :shock:
I had a slice at this Japanese place in Colorado some time back. Cost as much as a full prime rib dinner, about 30 bucks, for a SLICE of seared Kobe ribeye. I was a bit miffed because that's all it was, but I probably should have asked. Lol. I have to say it was very, VERY good. Unlike anything I had tasted prior AND since. Needless to say I never ordered it again, BUT, that was due to cost. Was it worth the price? A fair shake says yes, yes it was. I am just not budgeted to spending such money on a meal to walk away hungry though. Lol. If I could afford it, absolutely! I would throw it on my list of splurge treats.
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Txdragon wrote:
Smoking Piney wrote:$700 for a brisket flat and an easy grand for a rib roast............ :shock:

:laughing7: It's pricey stuff for sure. It gets higher! :shock:
I had a slice at this Japanese place in Colorado some time back. Cost as much as a full prime rib dinner, about 30 bucks, for a SLICE of seared Kobe ribeye. I was a bit miffed because that's all it was, but I probably should have asked. Lol. I have to say it was very, VERY good. Unlike anything I had tasted prior AND since. Needless to say I never ordered it again, BUT, that was due to cost. Was it worth the price? A fair shake says yes, yes it was. I am just not budgeted to spending such money on a meal to walk away hungry though. Lol. If I could afford it, absolutely! I would throw it on my list of splurge treats.

I've never tasted gold plated beef like Kobe, so I can't say how I would react. I've read enough testimonials that say it is indeed all that and a bag of chips. If I had that sort of of huge disposable income, I would would certainly pony up and try it.

Alas, such is not my lot in life........... :P
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”