Fixin what ain't broke

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Fixin what ain't broke

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:03 am

Looks like I'll be Pelletizing that small rack of $1.67 per lb baby backs I picked up a week or so ago but the Wiffy wants them "falling off of the bonz" :banghead: Therefore, if I don't post a finished pic tomorrow it's because I'm ashamed to. Got them sleeping in the frig with Honey Mustard and Suckle Busters Hog Waller. Covered them with plastic wrap so we shall see about all this man-yawner. Hope to get them on the Pit Boss between 6am and 7am but that remains to be seen. :dont: :roll:
IMG_0012.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Fixin what ain't broke

Postby Rambo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:13 pm

As KAM says, " Low & Slow wins the race"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:02 pm

If she wants the meat in the plate with no bone then L&S is the only way to get that without over cooking them :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:57 am

Remind her that McRibs have fallen off the bone and you can kill roaches with those, LOL. McDonalds brings them back once a year because it takes that long for people to forget how bad they are. :P :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, maybe getting her to watch some BBQ shows on Food Network,Cooking Channel, etc... will help her realize how it's supposed to be done. Just sit back and let the TV personalities preach about how the meat should be.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:10 am

Sounds good "in theory" but I would be talking to a female wall so I'll try to do the best I can just this time for her :dont:

I got the Reebz on at 4:45am and am going to pour the low smoke to them for a couple of hours, spritzing with apple juice for moisture :tup:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:18 am

Go with what the boss ordered…do as I say not as I do :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 am

They looks purdy daggon good but when I tried the bend test, I ended up with two 1/2 racks - - - Oh Well :dont: as soon as this layer of sauce sets then I'll sauce them again and rest them. It was a weird morning for such a small rack of baby back reebz. :roll:
IMG_0015.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Well P'Shaw and altho they were juicy and tasted good, I felt like I was eating deboned pulled Pork. :laughing7: I also added a liberal drenching of Suckle Busters Chipotle Sauce to my Plate (MY favorite but to spicy for the wiffy). Total cook time was 6 hrs.
2 hrs at 140 to 170 with lotza smoke
1 more hr at 225 to 275
2 hrs wrapped in foil at 260 to 285
1 hr unwrapped at 275 + - basting 3 times with Sauce
Removed and Rested for 30 minutes
Thank God they had lots of fat amongst all of that :tup:
IMG_0017.JPG

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Really, really, nice
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:37 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sounds good "in theory" but I would be talking to a female wall so I'll try to do the best I can just this time for her :dont:

I got the Reebz on at 4:45am and am going to pour the low smoke to them for a couple of hours, spritzing with apple juice for moisture :tup:

You missed the point, LOL. We all know women never listen to us. Being on TV gives instant credibility for some reason though :roll: Oprah knows EVERYTHING, right? :laughing7:
Ergo, let the celebrity cooks do the teaching and preaching.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”