Baby backs and thighs

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Baby backs and thighs

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Got up early and did the grocery shopping. I got another rack of ribs following the last cooks style. Chose the smallest thinnest rack like last time. I used a rice vinegar sprite last time and loved the flavor so I tried a vinegar marinade this time. Seasoned lightly with salt pepper and seasoned salt. I did rub some dark brown sugar on but not much. The wife wanted some thighs for tacos so they got a soak in balsamic vinaigrette. Spritzing with a mixture of apple vinegar and water. Using apple wood for smoke.
Attachments
20180224_155046.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Baby backs and thighs

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Loooookin Guuuuuuuud, Juice Tone :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I rarely do BBs but I picked up and small rack the other day - - - must have been Day Jaw View, Eh ? :dont: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Gentlemen! I have finally cooked some ribs I am 100 percent happy with. No complaints!! I don't know if it is the vinegar marinade or the simple seasoning. I mixed honey BBQ sauce,hot sauce, and apple cider vinegar together for BBQ sauce. This is the BBQ rib I am going to base all future cooks off of. This has been a long expensive ride to get here but I feel it was worth it. One again I am so happy!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Feels good don't it? :chef: :cheers: - - -did you eat the final Pic also ? :D :lol: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:38 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm

I am so happy guys! I did them on the weber. The weather wouldn't allow me to clean the highland. Maybe next weekend. For those of you who have not done the vinegar soak I recommend you try it.
CaptJack wrote:Image
Attachments
20180224_195242.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:10 am

OK, that'll do under the circumstances - - - Good "Q'n" Pal - - - :cheers:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”