1-2-3 S-O-S

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: 1-2-3 S-O-S

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Yup, I also remember Dad saying "Son, life is difficult enough without you making it any harder !" - - :dont:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Leave well enuff alone
When all else fails read the directions
Obviously you have me confused with someone who gives a darn
Getting a bigger hammer will usually be followed by a trip to town

My personal fave was “you can want in one hand and *#~% in the other one and see which fills up first” :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:07 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Yup, I also remember Dad saying "Son, life is difficult enough without you making it any harder !" - - :dont:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Leave well enuff alone
When all else fails read the directions
Obviously you have me confused with someone who gives a darn
Getting a bigger hammer will usually be followed by a trip to town

Lol, the directions one is so true, I just installed a new dish washer a week ago, I've been using it for nearly a week, finally found instructions last night in a drawer, I know how to do the quick wash now,lol.
I grew up,with
Get your elbows off the table
Respect your elders
Stand up on the bus for adults.

I still do,those.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:32 pm

I think we are lucky to have been "Raised" with these attitudes and suggestions - - don't Y'all :dont:

How many times have we heard "You kids go outside and play, I'm trying to get some work done !" WORK meaning washing, ironing, cooking and cleaning. :salut: :salut: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 am

The lack of those simple life lessons is why our society is in the shape it is in right now. I won't climb on my soapbox too long:

We don't have a gun problem, we have a society problem.
When we all said the pledge of allegiance every day in school we didn't have people protesting the national anthem.
When we started the day with a prayer we didn't have people wanting to allow Sharia law in our country.
When we started giving kids "Time out" instead of paddling that butt they lost all concept of discipline.
When everyone started getting the same trophy for participating as the winners got there was no longer and drive to excel.
And then the big ones;
When illegal aliens are given more rights than American citizens then those in power no longer have the nations best interests at heart.
We send aid to countries that we owe money to, that don't vote with us, only use us for what they can get rather than paying their share in world affairs.
When millions of able bodied people are on welfare and food stamps just because they know we will take care of them and they live better than we do.
When we have even one single Veteran who is homeless and hungry and needing medical attention and we take care of illegal immigrants before them.

I truly believe the lack of those founding principles are the root cause of all out nations issues right now. I know it is too late for my generation, but we must get back to our core principles before it is too late for our grandchildren. Sorry about the rant, but you are all my brothers and sisters here, and if I can't vent to you, then who will ever listen.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11 am

Any one else old enuff to remember "Nap Time in Class" - - - Lawdy Lawdy Teech - - just let us go out on the PLAYground and get rid of some of this energy first :dont: :D :lol: :laughing7:

spit-wads
marbles
string tops
tag
monkey bars
May Pole - - WOO HOO
leap frog

think I'll go lie down for a while :whiteflag: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:16 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Any one else old enuff to remember "Nap Time in Class" - - - Lawdy Lawdy Teech - - just let us go out on the PLAYground and get rid of some of this energy first :dont: :D :lol: :laughing7:

spit-wads
marbles
string tops
tag
monkey bars
May Pole - - WOO HOO
leap frog

think I'll go lie down for a while :whiteflag: :laughing7:

As a "hyper" kid I hated nap time. They didn't know anything about ADHD back then, they just said I was easily bored. lol
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:43 am

outlaw wrote:The lack of those simple life lessons is why our society is in the shape it is in right now. I won't climb on my soapbox too long:

We don't have a gun problem, we have a society problem.
When we all said the pledge of allegiance every day in school we didn't have people protesting the national anthem.
When we started the day with a prayer we didn't have people wanting to allow Sharia law in our country.
When we started giving kids "Time out" instead of paddling that butt they lost all concept of discipline.
When everyone started getting the same trophy for participating as the winners got there was no longer and drive to excel.
And then the big ones;
When illegal aliens are given more rights than American citizens then those in power no longer have the nations best interests at heart.
We send aid to countries that we owe money to, that don't vote with us, only use us for what they can get rather than paying their share in world affairs.
When millions of able bodied people are on welfare and food stamps just because they know we will take care of them and they live better than we do.
When we have even one single Veteran who is homeless and hungry and needing medical attention and we take care of illegal immigrants before them.

I truly believe the lack of those founding principles are the root cause of all out nations issues right now. I know it is too late for my generation, but we must get back to our core principles before it is too late for our grandchildren. Sorry about the rant, but you are all my brothers and sisters here, and if I can't vent to you, then who will ever listen.

:salut:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 am

outlaw wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote: As a "hyper" kid I hated nap time. They didn't know anything about ADHD back then, they just said I was easily bored. lol

I'm still hyper - - - don't really get much done but I sure don't sit still very much - - - however, my old back will put me in the recliner at a moments notice and I have learned to obey the warning :bow:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”