russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: shrimp&fillet on the OldSmokey

Postby Russ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:22 pm

outlaw wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:
outlaw wrote:Now I'm in the mood for some seafood. Great looking plate
You should ALWAYS be in the mood for Seafood, I don't wanna read this Jibberish phone bologna plastic banana good time rock and roll ( Now ) stuff....lol

What I am NOT in the mood for is the prices we have to pay around here for good seafood. I see Russ and Sailors pain over beef and pork prices, I feel the same way about seafood. I have been wanting some pan seared diver scallops for months, but just can't shake loose of the $50 to get some. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I guess it's swings n roundabouts with food prices, I'm real lucky, I havnt bought a crayfish scallop or oyster in years, I just know a lot of people and I make stuff that everybody loves, I'm bottling gerkins aka pickles, to my own recipe, I have a friend that catches crayfish in kaikoura, his wife loves my pickles, she eats at least 1 a day. So we swap. We had a whole lamb cut up and delivered by a friend of my wife, so we do pretty well with food. I DONT like paying $55 kg for fillet steak recently. Luckily we were given a voucher so it didn't cost me anything. But that price???

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Re: RE: Re: shrimp&fillet on the OldSmokey

Postby CaptJack » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Russ wrote:
outlaw wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:
outlaw wrote:Now I'm in the mood for some seafood. Great looking plate
You should ALWAYS be in the mood for Seafood, I don't wanna read this Jibberish phone bologna plastic banana good time rock and roll ( Now ) stuff....lol

What I am NOT in the mood for is the prices we have to pay around here for good seafood. I see Russ and Sailors pain over beef and pork prices, I feel the same way about seafood. I have been wanting some pan seared diver scallops for months, but just can't shake loose of the $50 to get some. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I guess it's swings n roundabouts with food prices, I'm real lucky, I havnt bought a crayfish scallop or oyster in years, I just know a lot of people and I make stuff that everybody loves, I'm bottling gerkins aka pickles, to my own recipe, I have a friend that catches crayfish in kaikoura, his wife loves my pickles, she eats at least 1 a day. So we swap. We had a whole lamb cut up and delivered by a friend of my wife, so we do pretty well with food. I DONT like paying $55 kg for fillet steak recently. Luckily we were given a voucher so it didn't cost me anything. But that price???

Russ

livin tha DREAM Image
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: shrimp&fillet on the OldSmokey

Postby Russ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks capt, just that I know lots of people, being on the road selling for over 30 years you get to meet lotsa people. I will post a pic of my preserves later that I trade.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”