Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 10092
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Most of the time that I grill Hot Wings it is just for me, but the Wiffy wanted a few today so I just used a different dry sprinkle and glaze for hers and it was a Win Win. "Happy Wife Happy Life"

Sprinkled her 3 with Texas Pecan and Glazed with Peach.
Sprinkled mine with the last of my Baayum Habanero and Glazed with Hot and Spicy Sauce.

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2909
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby Russ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Superb as always emm, I'd love to try that. Are the okra pickled? The reason I ask is they aren't common here, mainly in Indian recipes. I might try making my gherkin pickle and use some of that on okra? Your thoughts please?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bondobill
Outlaw
Posts: 1261
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby bondobill » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Must be Nationial Clucker parts Friday here on TBBQF :lol:

I'm making up a couple dozen loolipooped drums for a party tonight.
Doing a dozen like you Em for the ladies. Texas Pecan rub and glazed with Honey BBQ sauce.
Dozen for the guys with Chicken wing rub and going to try out SBs Gold / Mustard BBQ sauce.

Those look really good there Em. :salut: :chef:

Bill
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 10092
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Thanks, Wild Bill :tup:

Hey Pard, they am pickled and store bought, however, I love to pickle my own using my bestest friend's wife, Carol's Recipe. Her's are the best I've ever eaten and the only tweeking I do is I add a pepper or two to each jar so they are slightly spicy.

Pickled Okra
3 lbs. fresh young okra (2-3 Inches long) 12 tsp. Each: celery and mustard seeds
6 heads dill or 6 tsp dill seed 2 tbs. sugar
6 small hot red peppers 5 tbs. salt
6 cloves garlic 2 C good quality vinegar
2 C water
Wash okra in warm sudsy water. Rinse thoroughly. Drain. Place equal amounts of dill, pepper, garlic, celery and mustard seeds in 6 pint jars. Fill jars to within ¼ inch of the top with okra. Combine sugar, salt, vinegar and water; bring to boil and boil 2-3 minutes or until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour boiling hot solution over okra.
Carefully run knife down between okra and jar to release air. Add more liquid, if needed, to cover okra. (It will darken if not covered). Wipe top and threads of jar. Put dome lids on jars; screw bands tight.
Process 10 minutes in boiling water. Let jars stand 12 or more hours. Remove bands; test the seal and store in cool, dark, dry place. Best if you wait 6 weeks before opening.
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2909
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby Russ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:07 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Thanks, Wild Bill :tup:

Hey Pard, they am pickled and store bought, however, I love to pickle my own using my bestest friend's wife, Carol's Recipe. Her's are the best I've ever eaten and the only tweeking I do is I add a pepper or two to each jar so they are slightly spicy.

Pickled Okra
3 lbs. fresh young okra (2-3 Inches long) 12 tsp. Each: celery and mustard seeds
6 heads dill or 6 tsp dill seed 2 tbs. sugar
6 small hot red peppers 5 tbs. salt
6 cloves garlic 2 C good quality vinegar
2 C water
Wash okra in warm sudsy water. Rinse thoroughly. Drain. Place equal amounts of dill, pepper, garlic, celery and mustard seeds in 6 pint jars. Fill jars to within ¼ inch of the top with okra. Combine sugar, salt, vinegar and water; bring to boil and boil 2-3 minutes or until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour boiling hot solution over okra.
Carefully run knife down between okra and jar to release air. Add more liquid, if needed, to cover okra. (It will darken if not covered). Wipe top and threads of jar. Put dome lids on jars; screw bands tight.
Process 10 minutes in boiling water. Let jars stand 12 or more hours. Remove bands; test the seal and store in cool, dark, dry place. Best if you wait 6 weeks before opening.


Thanks for that emm, sounds pretty close to my gherkin or as you call them pickles juice. My recipe was given to me by the lady I buy my gerkins off. I'm gunna buy some okra when I do my gherkin pickle.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
outlaw
Outlaw
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:14 am
Location: Arlington, TX
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby outlaw » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Yummm!!! :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
User avatar
Txdragon
Deputy
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Forney, TX
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby Txdragon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Good looking wings, Em! Between my breakfast and your lunch, there's a LOT of birds now taking to Uber. Lol!
(Insert witty signature here)
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 10092
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Pard, be sure and get the 3" to 4" okra if you want the best of the crop - - - the longer and larger ones can sometimes get tuff and stringy. You're basically looking for a size that will stand up in a pint jar and leave you 1/4 to 1/2 inch space at top and also make sure they are "covered" with the liquid. Good Luck :tup:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 10092
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Txdragon wrote:Good looking wings, Em! Between my breakfast and your lunch, there's a LOT of birds now taking to Uber. Lol!

:laughing7: :D :lol: :salut:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2909
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby Russ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:35 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, be sure and get the 3" to 4" okra if you want the best of the crop - - - the longer and larger ones can sometimes get tuff and stringy. You're basically looking for a size that will stand up in a pint jar and leave you 1/4 to 1/2 inch space at top and also make sure they are "covered" with the liquid. Good Luck :tup:


I'm pretty good at pickling, the okra sounds just like gerkins around 3 inches long are ideal for me.my mix has a lot of peppercorns as well and a few other seeds. Thanks for advice.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2909
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby Russ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:40 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, be sure and get the 3" to 4" okra if you want the best of the crop - - - the longer and larger ones can sometimes get tuff and stringy. You're basically looking for a size that will stand up in a pint jar and leave you 1/4 to 1/2 inch space at top and also make sure they are "covered" with the liquid. Good Luck :tup:


My friends wife loves gerkins, she says she tries to eat 1 a day, said its good for complexion, it seems to work for her. She buys the shop bought ones but said mine are streets above store bought. I supply her year round gerkins and he supplies me crayfish and paua, or in your lingo lobster and abalone,no money changes hands. I do lots of swaps. The world of food is absolutely amazing.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
Sailor Kenshin
Outlaw
Posts: 2474
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Eastern seaboard
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Great-looking wings! :salut: *I'd try some of both*
Moink!
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 10092
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Gender Friendly Suckle Bustin Wings

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:29 pm

thank ya Sailor :tup:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests