Early Rising Reunion Ribs

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bondobill
Outlaw

Re: Early Rising Reunion Ribs

Postby bondobill » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:51 pm

Em....at this point they look perfect :salut: :salut:
Good time to test out the new oven or.....maybe not :dont: :laughing7: :mrgreen:

just joking my friend :cheers:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:07 am

thanks, Wild Bill, now I've got to come up with a re-heating temp/time so that when it's time to eat, they are hot and juicy - - - there is a wall oven and a stove with oven at the Hall so I may see if doing it there will get into anyones way - - - I'd rather do them at home and then transport ?I think? :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:49 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Wild Bill, now I've got to come up with a re-heating temp/time so that when it's time to eat, they are hot and juicy - - - there is a wall oven and a stove with oven at the Hall so I may see if doing it there will get into anyones way - - - I'd rather do them at home and then transport ?I think? :dont:

As long as you have a good quality cooker like a Yeti or something similar I would definitely heat at home. You never know who else will have the heat it there idea.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Early Rising Reunion Ribs

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:27 am

Even if you don’t have a high end cooler…pre heat the cooler with some hot water for 20 minutes or so. When your ribs get hot pull them out and wrap in towels then put in the cooler. Fill any extra space with towels as well. If you have any of those hot packs they come in handy in the cooler too.

2 things I’ve learned from this method (don’t ask me how I found out…)

1. Apparently you are not supposed to wrap the BBQ up in what the wife might consider the “good” towels.

2. Put a sign on the cooler stating “this ain’t beer so keep it closed”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:33 am

bsooner75 wrote:Even if you don’t have a high end cooler…pre heat the cooler with some hot water for 20 minutes or so. When your ribs get hot pull them out and wrap in towels then put in the cooler. Fill any extra space with towels as well. If you have any of those hot packs they come in handy in the cooler too.

2 things I’ve learned from this method (don’t ask me how I found out…)

1. Apparently you are not supposed to wrap the BBQ up in what the wife might consider the “good” towels.

2. Put a sign on the cooler stating “this ain’t beer so keep it closed”

I see a lesson well learned by many of us. Refreshing to know I was not the only one who thought the quality of the Q was worth sacrificing a few towels over. :banghead: :banghead:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:00 am

A supplemental tip to the above:

Go get (or find) white towels to use for the cooler. You can bleach them and get out the inevitable grease that will get on them.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:07 am

Thanks Sooner, and Gang - - - I had considered pre-heating the rather "large" cooler with bottles of hot (not boiling :D ) water but I hadn't thought about filling the spaces in nor the DO NOT OPEN SIGN. As far as the towels go, they very well could become "casualties of a BBQ war". :salut: :whiteflag:

TIA Y'all, have a great weekend
Emm
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:40 am

Good luck! :cheers:

Purdy stove, too. Wish I had a transporter. :laughing7:
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:55 am

I actually have designated BBQ towels now…

My bruises have healed but the mental scars last a lifetime :)

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:24 am

bsooner75 wrote:I actually have designated BBQ towels now…

Me too. I was out at traders village one weekend, and there were all these vendors that all had these great white "Bath sheets" that were very fat boy friendly. We used them for a few years for the pool and now they are my Q towels. I got very lucky a couple years ago and won a 65 QT Yeti cooler on a 10.00 raffle ticket and that is all I use it for. It will hold heat for good slicing temp till the next day.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:37 am

outlaw wrote:[quote="bsooner75"]I actually have designated BBQ towels now…

Me too. I was out at traders village one weekend, and there were all these vendors that all had these great white "Bath sheets" that were very fat boy friendly. We used them for a few years for the pool and now they are my Q towels. I got very lucky a couple years ago and won a 65 QT Yeti cooler on a 10.00 raffle ticket and that is all I use it for. It will hold heat for good slicing temp till the next day.[/quote]

I use a Bison (similar to Yeti but local) cooler…people can argue the cost of these high end coolers all they want but it’s amazing how well they hold heat / cold if prepped properly and used as intended.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:21 pm

I have a couple of Brute coolers as well. I think they are now named Bison. I don't use them to hold meat. But I have run an enourmous amount of beer through them and they are very good. But they are real heavy, even when they are empty.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:40 pm

GRailsback wrote:I have a couple of Brute coolers as well. I think they are now named Bison. I don't use them to hold meat. But I have run an enourmous amount of beer through them and they are very good. But they are real heavy, even when they are empty.

Mine is actually a Brute (since named has changed to Bison). You are correct, we DON’T move it when it’s filled. During the summer it stays out by the pool and I just throw a bag or two of ice in about once a week.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:52 pm

None of my coolers were large enough for the foil pans that my Son got me so I borrowed a larger one from my neighbor who is also furnishing several nice bags of (Cadillac Ice) from his Ice Machine for the "Sweet Tea" :D . Also found a flat Ice Tea "thingie" that I don't know where it came from but I plan on filling it with hot (not boiling) water in the morning and then putting fresh hot water in it before wrapping the Ribs. :tup:

Anyone got any iddie or guess about what temp and how long I should warm the two pans in the Oven :?: :?: :?: :dont: :dont: :dont: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:49 pm

I'd take the tins out of the fridge a good hour or more before putting them in the oven.
I'd stick a temp probe in one of the racks to keep a eye on the progress of IT while in the oven. They should all cook fairly even.
Those ribs looked to me just right for the time to wrap. I'd give myself a couple hours time for the oven reheat. You may only need a hour, but I'd rather be ahead of schedule then behind. Maybe start them out with the oven at 250. With a temp probe in one it'll at least give you a idea of how they are coming along . After 45 minutes or so if ya aren't happy with the progress you can always crank up the oven another 25 or 50, but I would try to stay at 325 or less. I'd start taking a peek at them when IT hit 180 or so. That's where the foiled tins come in nice. Only takes a few seconds to lift the lid for a peek for meat pull back or even doing the bend test.

Bill

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”