Early Rising Reunion Ribs

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Early Rising Reunion Ribs

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:07 am

I had planned on trying to have the 6 racks of St. Louis Bonz on the Pellet Pooper and ECB by 7am, however, the War Dept woke me up at 2am. I fixed her problem and went back to sleep. Then she woke me up a 2:30am and I managed to go back to sleep but when she woke me up at 3am again, I got up and began my day in the dark.

Doing 3 racks on the Pellet Pooper after rubbing with Honey Mustard and dusting with my long time Friends "Williams Food Co." - - Rib Tickler. These will be for the "Gentle Nibbler" and not spicy at all. They went on at 4:30am
IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

The other 3 racks are going on the ECB using a stand up rack so I can get 3 on there at once.
These also have Honey Mustard BUT THEY are liberally dusted with "Hootchie Mama" from Suckle Busters. These will be for the "Calloused Bone Gnawers" and a lot more spicy. Especially after I baste/glaze them in SB's Hot and Spicy BBQ Sauce. These went on the ECB at 5am.
IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

Since I'm having to keep these in foil pans in the frig for two days and then heat them up prior to time to eat at 2pm Saturday, I'm not going to wrap them during their cooks today. :dont:
Fingers Crossed on that one - - - All I'm looking for today is some decent pull back on the bone tips and then their headed for the pan, where they'll get a liberal coating of BBQ Sauce before refrigerating.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Early Rising Reunion Ribs

Postby Williep » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 am

Looking gooooood !!!! :cheers: :cheers:
Don't fall a sleep with the meat on the pit. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:26 am

Wonderful way to start out the day, other than the War Dept demands. :dont: :oops: :oops: Those look nice and uniform. Did they come like that or did you have to trim them? :chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:42 am

what you see was what I got - - - even tho I had to pay a litle more, they were nicely trimmed, very meaty and no membrane either - - - HEB $2.67 a pound :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:03 am

May the BBQ gods be with you today, my friend. :D
Yea it's early where your at but you know "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" :laughing7:

Looking great Em. :salut: They'll turn out super for sure.

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:16 am

actually that's not quite true because i swiped three pieces off of the backs that could have been left on just to have something to try that Pepper Jelly and Baayum Habanero Seasoning on.
IMG_0120.JPG

I'll throw these on the ECB when I take the Ribs off - - - who knows this may be Lunch for me :dont:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:20 am

"Back to the Bonz"
Decided to flip all of the racks after 2.5 hrs and lightly spritz also.
I'm still liking the smoke at 2.5 also.
IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:13 am

Looking good! Those do look like some quality bones.

I can’t wait to hear how the pan and reheat goes. Might need to use this trick in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 am

Wild Bill was generous enuff to give me a PM tutorial on how he does his ahead of time and then in the pans to reheat and then wrapped and in the cooler - - - SO IF? I can duplicate that, I will be a happy O.F. :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:57 am

Bill made a couple of good points that I never considered. One was to NOT wrap each rack tightly in foil because it often takes the nice glaze, bark and rub off during all the wrapping and transporting. So my oldest son picked us up some nice Cadillac Foil Pans with Lids and I am hoping to get 3 racks to a pan. Then I will cover them with Sauce, Brown sugar ?maybe? and add some liquid to the pan. Then the lid goes on and they will be kept in the frig until time to put in the oven and heat. Then they'll come out of the oven, get wrapped in towels and placed in a cooler for transporting and resting until time to slice and eat. Only problem with the Pans is that they won't fit in my Coolers so I'm borrowing a larger one for that days job. They're also a tight squeeze in my frig and getting the door closed. :laughing7: :D :lol: Goona be tight but good :tup: :salut:
IMG_0121.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 am

Opted to pull the ones on the ECB and go ahead and pan them. Some brown sugar, SB Hot and Spicy BBQ Sauce, Lid placement and in the Frig. Now I'm just hoping that the meat will stay on the bones after I reheat them and slice. "fingers crossed" YES, it was very difficult NOT TO TASTE ONE :banghead:

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:32 am

Mission Impossible. :whiteflag: I would have to find a flaw that had to be trimmed away in order to not "Taint" the whole pan. :chef: :chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:56 am

They're slow smoking on what's left of the Charcoal and water pan. :tup:

Pulled the last 3 racks from the Pellet Pooper and I was very pleased with their unsauced color. Sauced with Suckle Busters Origianl Sauce, brown sugared and panned them and they are keeping the Spicy ones company in the Frig until Saturday morning. - - - - all in all, I am pleased - - - all I'm hoping for now is that the meat stays on the bonz until eaten. :tup:

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

My Buddy also picked up my new Stove and installed it during the final stages of the ribs.
Woo Hoo - - - weather's awesome also :salut:
IMG_0129.JPG
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Looking real good, man talk about complicated. That's a lot of work. Hope the wife's feeling better buddy. Can't wait for final pics.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:27 pm

Hope to snap a lot of Pics at the Reunion but I will also be "whoopin and spurrin" all day git'n'er done.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”