Prolific "P's" Today

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Prolific "P's" Today

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:20 am

As I have mentioned in another thread - - - I'm doing a Bone In Boston Butt - - the "P's" rule today.
Pulled Pork on the
Pellet Pooper rubbed with
Pecan Rub and then to be finished with
Peach Sauce
As mentioned elsewhere she went on the Smoke Setting at 8:30am
IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Even tho I planned on cranking the temp up after one hour between 110 and 135 but the Pit Boss was doing its thing with those Hickory Pellets so I left it alone for another 30 minutes before changing the setting to 250.
IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

The Members offered so many good and yet varied Ideas that I'm thinking I'll just see what the bark looks like at 160 I.T. and then decide whether to foil or not to foil, pan with aw joos/beer joos. I do luvs me Bark on a Pulled Pork Sammich. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Prolific "P's" Today

Postby outlaw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 am

You will still get the bark. My last piece of advice: QUIT RAISING THE LID :chef: :chef: :chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:52 am

OK :P :P :P :P :laughing7: :D :lol:

Well, about 4 hours into the cook yesterday, she was at 79 and life was good - - - HOWEVER, LIFE isn't always predictable and all of a sudden, while sitting at the computer printer trying to print some pics of the Lake Street Dive Gig, I broke out into cold sweats, got so dizzy that I couldn't hardly walk and had to go lay down.
Interference.jpeg
Interference.jpeg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 2251 times

For the next 4 hours I managed to get up and wobble to the pit just to check the I.T. on the Maverick NOT TO LIFT THE LID.

It seemed to STALL between 179 and 181 for the last 90 minutes so at 8 hours total, I pulled it, chunked it in a foil pan and "tried" to put foil on it.
IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

So this is what I woke up to this morning after a very roller coaster night :banghead:
IMG_0026.JPG

Any ideas on how to finish this in the Oven so that it represents Pulled Pork - - - OF COURSE this will not be done this morning. :whiteflag: :banghead:

PLEASE EXCUSE THESE STRAY PICS - - - - I'm too @&^$@(^&$# to worry with deleting them.
Attachments
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:03 am

I had started to open a post asking "What happened to OUP" never thinking you were dealing with health issues. We will be praying for your speedy recovery. Sounds like a TIA to me, only saying this because I watched my Mother have up to 100 a day of these in the latter weeks of her life.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... c-20314613

As for the meat, just throw it in a pan with some apple juice and some of the sauce you want to use and throw it in the oven at about 200 degrees. It will be fine.

Please keep us posted on your condition. We will be thinking and praying my friend.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:17 am

Thanks, Pal, the Wiffy is also very knowledgeable and "experienced" in TIA's which eventually resulted in her Stroke in '93 - - - however, she was blessed with 100% recovery and was very lucky. I battled a carotid artery clog and dodged the bullet back in 2010. Thanks for the info, I 'preciate it and the prayers are always welcome. :tup: :salut:

Now back to the important stuff :laughing7: :D :lol:
If I use your oven technique do I pull it first and also - - DO I NEED TO COOK IT TO 200 - 210 BEFORE PULLING ?????
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:19 am

Dang it man, hope your okay, keep us posted on your condition.

Like already said, add some kind liquid to the pan, wrap with foil and put in the oven at 200/225 for a few hours and that sucker will come out tender.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:20 am

thanks, Willie - - - - FWIW - - - the bone would NOT WIGGLE when I took it off the pit :dont:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:28 am

outlaw wrote:I had started to open a post asking "What happened to OUP" never thinking you were dealing with health issues. We will be praying for your speedy recovery. Sounds like a TIA to me, only saying this because I watched my Mother have up to 100 a day of these in the latter weeks of her life.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... c-20314613

As for the meat, just throw it in a pan with some apple juice and some of the sauce you want to use and throw it in the oven at about 200 degrees. It will be fine.

Please keep us posted on your condition. We will be thinking and praying my friend.

Amen.

The butt will take care of itself.
Moink!
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 am

Please take care of yourself Emm.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:03 am

Now back to the important stuff :laughing7: :D :lol:
If I use your oven technique do I pull it first and also - - DO I NEED TO COOK IT TO 200 - 210 BEFORE PULLING ?????[/quote]

No, don't pull it till after, and let it rest. I would just throw it in the oven like we discussed till the smell is about to drive you from the house. Don't worry so much about temps, wiggle the bone and probe for doneness. When you are satisfied ladle some of that goodness over it for a while and then let it rest. It will be Maaaaaavelous. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 am

going in the Oven ATM :tup:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:58 am

Dang man…I was gonna bust your chops for not updating us as well. Take care of yourself and get some rest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:29 pm

was it worth the trouble and time NO :banghead:

did I enjoy the sammich YES :tup:

did the Wiffy LOVE HER SAMMICH YES YES YES :rose: :rose: :rose: (husband hero day)

will I do it again real soon? probably not again this year :scratch:

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:34 pm

don't forget that pulled pork makes GREAT tacos
and sghetti ;)
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:15 pm

Not worth the trouble??? :scratch: :scratch: Me thinks you have gotten into the alcohol cabinet and had a few snorts along with your meds. :laughing7: :laughing7: How can that deliciousness not be worth the trouble?? Medical issues aside, you have a pellet grill, you finished it in the oven. Only thing easier is take out. Besides, your long suffering wife loved it.
My following list of OUP grievances are as follows, in no particular order:
1.) Eats raw meat and tries to pass it off as properly cooked
2.) Thinks a succulent PB isn't worth the trouble
3.) Doesn't cook briskets
4.) Forgets to put cilantro in his world class salsa

Just a few digs to lighten the day. I hope you are feeling better my friend. What I see you doing before your reply :D :D :D :D
Attachments
52a.gif
52a.gif (125.28 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”