Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 12/28 - 1/01

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:46 pm

DJ wrote:
DaHorns wrote:I put on 10 racks of spares, I have a mess of yardbird, and a LARGE pan of ABTs that will be served this afternoon. Struggling right now with temps with a wicked north wind and 40* temps.

hmmmm, thats like a normal summer day up here....Thinkin You can pull this off!!!!!
Ok, jus kiddin, sounds like ya got yur work cut out fer ya, but, you can do it!!
dj

Yep, it worked out great. Everyone is fat and happy. Made a big pot of borracho beans, and they are GREAT.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:57 pm

We had king crab last evening and we were going to have lobster bisque today but since we had crab left over we made crab bisque and saving the lobster for a higher calling. Bisque was real good but I think it can be made better so made some alterations to the recipe for next time. I am a fan of Pappadeaux and love their bisque and won't be happy until I can duplicate it. Wanted pastrami sandwiches for tonight but couldn't find a a pastrami and I know I made 2 that have not been devoured (by me) yet. Maybe they're with a Starbucks card somewhere.
tarde venientibus ossa....
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Sounds like some good eats, everyone!!
Papa, why don't you post your bisque recipe, and maybe we can all make some tweaks or suggestions? I adore a good bisque! Crab sounds just as good as lobster in my opinion!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:31 pm

I'll do that over in the seafood section...
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”