Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 8/31 - 9/03

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 8/31 - 9/03

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:20 am

It's the Labor Day Edition of Watcha cookin this weekend! 3 day weekend, for most of you. Hopefully more throwdown entries will be sent in this weekend to find out who the winner of Throwdown III End of Dog Days will be! Soooo, we wanna know what you're cookin this weekend!!
Delaware Smoker
Bandolero

Postby Delaware Smoker » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:32 am

I find myself with two days off in a row,Sun,&Mon.About two yrs.ago.I smoked my first brisket for pull beef.I haven't done one since.So on Sun.,I will get up early & smpke another brisket.This one will be cut into slices,& will first one on the CG.Also doing a pork butt for pull pork.Going to throw on some turkey Italian sausage.I've smoked them before,really good stuff.Will be grilling some corn & different veggies.Might do some fruit,& of course have to grill a cake.
Bill
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:42 am

I have no idea. Kroger has butts on sale for $1.29 a pound but we just did one last week so not sure I want another one so soon. lol They also have spare ribs for 1.99/lb but we've never tried those. so not sure we want to go that route. Guess we'll wait and see! lol
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:27 pm

Allie wrote:I have no idea. Kroger has butts on sale for $1.29 a pound but we just did one last week so not sure I want another one so soon. lol They also have spare ribs for 1.99/lb but we've never tried those. so not sure we want to go that route. Guess we'll wait and see! lol

Just make sure that they're not "enhanced". It the package says Hormel-Always tender, run for the tall grass :wink:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:12 pm

Last week, they had western ribs and they were not enhanced. Not sure about these as I don't remember seeing them. Then again, I'm not a big fan of ribs as a usual thing so don't alway look at them. lol I don't see a lot of the Hormel stuff around here. They have the tenderloins some plain and others in different marinades that are enhanced but not a lot of other stuff. Thank goodness!!
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:46 pm

Have not hit the stores to see whats on sale. But, I am sure it will be Ribs, and more then likely two butt-chickens. In the up right will have some Jerky going.
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:22 pm

Finally going to get fire up the pit again, so i picked up 2 racks of spares, a brisket, and some sausage for Sunday. Saturday will be my day of cleaning the pit and the house. :P

On a side note, I got home from San Antonio this afternoon to find out my AC went out during the day. Now Im trying to find a repair guy, wish me luck!!! :roll:
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 pm

Good luck, Horns!

Me, I've some ribs, something with wings, and a big ole hunka meat. :wink: Future Throwdown entries, I hope.

Big chunks of ice right now, though, thanks to work. :(
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
burnt food dude USER_AVATAR
Burnt Food Dude
Bandolero

Postby Burnt Food Dude » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:56 pm

Some chicken & ribs.

Maybe a butt.
"All who wander are not lost.

Sometimes they just can't remember where they parked their car
."

Da Dude's new blog
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:12 pm

Whew, that was relativly painless, $257.00 for the AC repair. Looks like we are going to have to replace the outside unit in the soon future though. Now that one is going to hurt, $2900.00, but its a American Standard unit.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:41 pm

Some ribs one day. :D Probably some steaks and shrimp. Having a sale on shrimp at the store. :D :D
Jim
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:42 pm

Some ribs one day. :D Probably some steaks and shrimp. Having a sale on shrimp at the store. :D :D
DaHorns, glad you got the AC fixed without breaking the bank. :D
Jim
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:52 am

big ol hunk of meat on now. Probably some ribs tomorrow, not sure what else.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
Tom In CTown
Pilgrim

Postby Tom In CTown » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:07 am

Friday, I did burgers with melted onion and shrooms, cajun grilled corn, and grilled pineapple for dessert.

Saturday, marinated beef skewers with peppers, portabellos, sweet onions and grape tomatoes...the garden is bursting.

Sunday, smoked buffalo wings with spicy garlic sauce and oven fries.

Labor Day, I'm working. But, will come home and do ribs. The jerk seasoning is already marinating those ribs.

Everybody have a terrific holiday.
Here's hoping everything you do hits the BULLSEYE!

Tom Hornikel
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 am

Welcome aboard, Tom! Sounds like you've had a busy weekend.
Rob - TX Sandman

Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."

Steven Raichlen

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”