Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 8/10 - 8/12

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 8/10 - 8/12

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:53 am

That time of week again! FRIDAY!! So whats on the menu this weekend?!? Grillin, Smokin, Bakin, WE WANNA KNOW!!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Re: Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 8/10 - 8/12

Postby TX Sandman » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:20 am

SteerCrazy wrote:That time of week again! FRIDAY!! So whats on the menu this weekend?!? Grillin, Smokin, Bakin, WE WANNA KNOW!!

:banghead: My brain! We're opening a new lab tonight, but half my techs have family problems or fouled up so bad I had to fire them. Because of thet I get to work all weekend and most of next week, plus my normal duties. No cookin' for me, and not much sleep. :?
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:25 am

Well, I volunteered for working the Hunters Ed/DNR booth at our State Fair for monday, and of course opened my mouth and said I would bring some smoked food for everyone. (they get real tired of fair food!)
So I'm thinking of doing pulled pork with some pulled chix mixed in. Anyone ever did anything similar? I don't think it would taste bad, but stretch the meat out. I don't want to take any more pans than I have too.
Sound good?
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:57 am

Nope haven't done that but it sounds good to me Laura.
Don't plan on smoking this W/E got some flatiron steaks for the grill though.
Everybody have a good one try to keep your feet warm...
tarde venientibus ossa....
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:17 pm

I don't think we'll be smoking this weekend but that could change. lol I do plan to grill some Hawaiian Turkey burgers with grilled pineapple slices, probably tomorrow. Other than that I don't know!
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Gonna' do some spare ribs on Sun. :D :D Got some ribeyes for the grill Sat. :D :D

I've never mixed the two together, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. :D
Jim
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Smokin' a sirloin roast now. Doing a small butt and briskie tommorrow. :lol: :lol:
a stumpted toe hurts
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:21 pm

Think I do an electrofied brisket tomorrow. Maybe give it a little hickory peecan and plum nuances.

bigwheel
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Bigwheel, got any tips on the electric smoker? The wife and kids gave me one for father's day. Can't get a handle on it. It's pretty cool, kinda set and forget type gimmick. So far jerky is the only thing I've got right. :evil: :D
a stumpted toe hurts
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:46 pm

Sirloin roast just came off. Resting.
a stumpted toe hurts
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:37 am

It was one heck of a week, one of my stores in SA got robbed by a IDIOT, so it was extremely stressful week. Im off today but am cleaning up around the house to prepare for a relaxing fishing trip to Port O'Connor for 4 days. Lets hope the fish are biting, but you know what they say, "a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work." Im so jacked about this trip!!! Oh, by the way this is our 12th wedding anniversary, and she wanted to go fishing, who am I to say no, I love that girl.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:44 am

Congratulations DH on the 12th anniversary may you enjoy many many more.
tarde venientibus ossa....
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:24 am

DaHorns wrote:It was one heck of a week, one of my stores in SA got robbed by a IDIOT, so it was extremely stressful week. Im off today but am cleaning up around the house to prepare for a relaxing fishing trip to Port O'Connor for 4 days. Lets hope the fish are biting, but you know what they say, "a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work." Im so jacked about this trip!!! Oh, by the way this is our 12th wedding anniversary, and she wanted to go fishing, who am I to say no, I love that girl.

Are there any robbers that aren't idiots?!!!! :lol:
congrats on the anniversary! She wanted to go fishing?! She must want something...... :twisted: :P :lol: Just kidding! Have a great one!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 pm

Another 95* day here. Gonna fire up Einstein later and bake a meatloaf stuffed with spinach, ham and provolone cheese. Can't bring myself to turn on oven in this heat. In the mean time, sip on some Warsteiners.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:16 pm

copkid wrote:
DaHorns wrote:It was one heck of a week, one of my stores in SA got robbed by a IDIOT, so it was extremely stressful week. Im off today but am cleaning up around the house to prepare for a relaxing fishing trip to Port O'Connor for 4 days. Lets hope the fish are biting, but you know what they say, "a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work." Im so jacked about this trip!!! Oh, by the way this is our 12th wedding anniversary, and she wanted to go fishing, who am I to say no, I love that girl.

Are there any robbers that aren't idiots?!!!! :lol:
congrats on the anniversary! She wanted to go fishing?! She must want something...... :twisted: :P :lol: Just kidding! Have a great one!
Laura
True, only thing is this guy left the store, and ran across the parking lot to a strip club. Where he was promptly arrested.....
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”