Beef Ribs!

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:32 pm

Dat,

I'm using the Oval with the cast iron firebox divider. I was cooking indirect, no direct heat under the ribs. Would your advice been the same if I would have provided that info? The only problem I had with the Primo rib rack is that they were hard to fit the beef ribs in without stripping the rub off, but I flipped the rack over and the racks stood up well with little loss of rub!

I have to say I love this little cooker!
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:35 pm

Dallas wrote:Dat,

I'm using the Oval with the cast iron firebox divider. I was cooking indirect, no direct heat under the ribs. Would your advice been the same if I would have provided that info? The only problem I had with the Primo rib rack is that they were hard to fit the beef ribs in without stripping the rub off, but I flipped the rack over and the racks stood up well with little loss of rub!

I have to say I love this little cooker!

Then I'd have to say that I gave you a bum steer :cry: Sorry about that but they look any way. :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Thanks for helping out Dat. They came out great and that was the first time I got to use the racks, so it was all good! :D
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
dilley340 USER_AVATAR
dilley340
Pilgrim

Postby dilley340 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:12 pm

Those look great Dallas! :D Nice job! :wink:

I've been thinking of trying beef ribs for a while now. In fact, I had a package in my hand yesterday at the Sam's Club. I didn't bring 'em home though. I opted for the whole pork loin and BB's instead.

What's your suggestion on serving size. I understand the beef rib bones are rather large.

Too bad it's only 21º outside.
Doug
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:17 pm

Thanks Dilley and welcome to the forum. It's about the same temp here!

We've got about 6 inches of snow on the ground.

As far as serving size goes I'd say 2-3 ribs are plenty. Pork ribs will always be my favorite but these were very, very, good. No sauce needed!

Thanks again for the compliments. Hope to see you posting again soon!
Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”