Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 6/22 - 6/24

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 6/22 - 6/24

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:40 am

That time of week again! Everyone recovered from the Father's Day cooks??? Well it's time to fire 'em back up this weekend!! We wanna know what you're cookin this weekend, grilled, smoked, baked, raw, heck we wanna know!!
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:08 am

May be some ribs and fattys one day. :D :D and some grilling. :D No long cooks this weekend :D More into relaxin' :D :D
Jim
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:16 pm

Thinkin of cooking a butt chicken tonight, and tomorrow RIBS and Fajita's.
To be honest I am kinda sad that Fatita's are easier to make then I thought.
GO ASTROS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:48 pm

Got half a pork loin on to marinate last night. Figger to cook it on the gasser tomorrow. Soaking it in this which is a cloned variant of the Spiedie Marinade from http://www.jodysgarage.com. Planning to cook it fairly rapid and direct till 145 in the middle.

1/2 cup xxx virgin olive oyl
1/2 cup of pomegranite flavored wine cooler
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
Juice of two lemons
2 T. granulated onyawan
1 t. granulated garlic
3 cloves chopped..minced..and squished fresh garlic
3 t. ketchup
1 t. paprika
2 t. Rosemary
1/2 t. sage
1/2 t. chili powder
2 T. dry parsley flakes

bigwheel
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:59 pm

Not too sure yet...wife has us on a diet :shock: :roll:

Think I am going to go get some tri tips though for Sunday.

Not sure about the rest yet.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:56 pm

I'm sure we'll end up grilling some burgers this weekend. We use the grill almost daily in the summer months. Not sure if we'll fire up the smoker or not since we'll be cooking next weekend for a party!
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:36 am

Allie, Tell us about the party next week? Are you cooking for your party or someone elses? What is on the menu, and how many people?

My BUtt Chickens went well last night, I desided not to fire up the smoker, and pulled out the old smokey. ( have not cooked on that in a LONG time) I tried a sweeter marinate this time. (very basic)
2 T basic chicken rub
2 T brown sugar
1/2 Tbs of Cinnamon
pinch of Tyme
rubbed the bird down with oilve oil rubbed the rub all over under the skin, and on the outside of the skin. Used 1/2 of a Mr. Pibb cut the top of the can off, and used a butt chicken stand to upright the chicken with the can of Mr. Pibb inside of the bird. Used a Lime to close off the neck of the chicken. HUMMMMMMM GOOOODDDD !!!!!!!
Allie

Postby Allie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:34 pm

The party next weekend is our friends' annual 4th of July Bash. He is doing it on the 30th this year. There will be 40-50 people there. We're cooking a ham and two shoulders using hickory and Les's rub. I'm also making my bbq sauce recipe by request along with potato salad and Creamy Fruit Fluff, a simple dessert. Another friend is trying out a new baked bean recipe he found somewhere. There will be other food as well but that's all we're doing. I'll try to take pics if I remember! There will be lots of drinking going on from Friday through Sunday.

We did a graduation party on July 2nd for 100 people. We cooked 4 shoulders using Les's rub and no wood. The mother of the grad doesn't like smoke! Crazy, huh? We made potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, my bbq sauce, and a friend's secret recipe sauce. That went well!

We are trying to help out friends and family with parties this summer to get some free exposure! Eventually, we'd love to start catering and making a little side money off our hobby.

antaean, that chicken sounds really good!
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Be sure to take pictures. Well, if there is that much drinking, becareful with the camera. HAHAHAHAHA
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:24 pm

Well Allie..I think you bound to have em convinced by now. Go buy yourself a cash register and some Cambrios:) Now we gonna be needing the recipe for the simple good dessert when you get a round toit. Thanks. Now not that anybody is interested but loin turned out to be a grand prize winner. Squrited down some eyetalian hoagie buns with XXX virgin PAM and heated them on the grill and made them folks some sandwiches. They eat it all up like the greedy piglets they tend to emulate. Know whut I mean here?

bigwheel
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Allie,
Ya jus do it! You're already catering, just not charging fer yur service. No time like the present to make the transition.
Best Wishes fer next week-end and the Catering Business!!!
dj
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:10 am

Allie, sounds like you have a good start on your catering. :D Go for it. :D :D
Jim
Allie

Postby Allie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:49 pm

Thanks guys! This is Les's best friend so we're not going to charge him. They're supplying all the foods and drinks except my dessert and bbq sauce. Not to mention, they're feeding my family of 4 on Friday night, Sat. breakfast, and probably Sunday breakfast as well. lol

Thanks for your well wishes! Hopefully, we'll get some business. We have only been cooking on a smoker for a little over a year now. Seems like we're moving really quickly! I am sure we have plenty left to learn but it sure is nice to have people enjoy it enough to have us cook for them!
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:48 pm

don;t forget the pics!!

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”