Turkey Burgers

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sun May 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Larry Wolfe wrote:I'm pretty sure most people throw together a couple lbs of ground turkey and expect it to come out like ground beef and that's the reason most are dissastified. My point was if they're prepared with a little thought and decent ingredients that they're not as bad as people think.

Never said they were. I didn't intend to criticize you. They sound pretty good, just not my personal cup'a joe. My comment of mixing beef and turkey was intended as a response to SC's comment of only eating chuck patties.

I tried pure ground turkey patties once and didn't care for them. I did *not* expect them to taste like beef. That'd be like pulling a chuck roast and expecting it to taste like pulled pork. I did not care for it as a whole. I prefer turkey other ways.

To me, with your ingredients list, it sounds like you made a version of a turkey meatloaf sandwich. I've had turkey meatloaf before and, again, wasn't my personal choice. I prefer a little beef in my ground meat.

And I never thought you were the Anti-Christ. Unless you have something you'd like to tell us. :wink:
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sun May 13, 2007 9:29 pm

Oh c'mon now Larry, it looked great! Don't be so sensitive 8) :lol: who care's what we think anyway :wink:
larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Postby Larry Wolfe » Mon May 14, 2007 9:52 am

I'm not being sensitive! :shock: Just forget it turkey sucks!! :shock: :D :D :D
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”