Christmas Eve Sausage

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Looks like I need to get busy.......
tarde venientibus ossa....
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:10 pm

Well I take a wild guess the maple flavor gonna be purty stout. Real maple flavor dont come from real maple..it come from artificial maple. It dont take much to give it a good flavor. Used to have some from Joe Ames which was about a tiny one ounce jug. It good to do about a hundred pounds or so. Real maple from Vermont dont taste much like maple in the final analysis. Translates itself into sweet for some reason. I dont understand how that works eggxactly..but guessing it be plenty mapley for guv'ment work.

bigwheel
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:12 am

Papa Tom wrote:Looks like I need to get busy.......

How about Saturday Jan 5th or 12th? Let's do it, all these guys been makin sausage lately, now I feel left out...
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:16 pm

bowhnter wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:Looks like I need to get busy.......

How about Saturday Jan 5th or 12th? Let's do it, all these guys been makin sausage lately, now I feel left out...

OK you're on Mike let's go for the 5th then if there ain't any good butt sales we'll go for the 12th...
tarde venientibus ossa....
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:00 pm

Hey Honu..did try some Linguisa one time. It was my one big notable flop in the sausage hobby. Couldnt find but one recipe for it and it called for vinegar. Think I accidentally overdosed it and put the vinegar in twice. At any rate it wouldn't hang together..come out purty crumbly and think the vinegar foo paw was to blame. The flavor profile was a little wild too. Seems like it had cinnamin in it which made it taste funny in addition to the other problemos. Wound up giving it to fella who said he might could trick his dawgs into eating it:) Sure would take a good authentic recipe for the stuff if you got one. Thanks.

bigwheel

honu41 wrote:Wow what a neat project! Bet eating is and will be good!!!!!

I am including sausage making in my "to do" list! My oldest brought some sausage from the deer he harvested a few months ago. A local packing house made it for him and it was really good. The #2 son has a commercial grinder so now it appears that I need to buy a good sausage stuffer. I already found a source for casings.

General question: After sausage is made is it smoked or stored then cooked before consumption?

Has anyone made "portugese sausage" or "linguisa"? They are made spicy and the meat is coarser.

aloha a hui hou,

Return to “Other Meat and Sausages”