Central Market and Hog guts, Southlake, TX

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Central Market and Hog guts, Southlake, TX

Postby JamesB » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:45 pm

Don't know if this would concern anybody but me and maybe Bigwheel... Went by Central Market the other day to buy some sausage casings and had to ask where they where (walked by them several times). Talked to the lady who was working there and after she pointed them out to me ($1.62 for 8oz package (Academy and Bass Pro is $4.99)) she said she was considering not ordering them anymore! Told her she should reconsider! I picked up 3 packages

So if your in Central Market, stop by the meat counter and tell they ought to keep them in stock! Maybe buy a package or two while your there and make some yerself!

Just an FYI,

James.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:13 am

Never been to the new one in Southlake but have bought quite a few guts over at the Central Market in W. Fort Worth. They have cheap guts and high butts. Last I priced the butts was near 4 bucks a pound. Dont think they have any sales.

bigwheel
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Our local Brookshire Bros. store has them frozen. I think they keep them for the deer sausage folks, like me.
I have also ordered them off the Internet. CF
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:42 am

bigwheel wrote:Never been to the new one in Southlake but have bought quite a few guts over at the Central Market in W. Fort Worth. They have cheap guts and high butts. Last I priced the butts was near 4 bucks a pound. Dont think they have any sales.

bigwheel

Well, I need to go back by there anyway and pick up some more guts. I'll probably stop by the Costco over that way too and pick up a couple of boneless butts... Trimming around that dang bone ain't no fun!

James.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:33 pm

Ran into a purty good deal through Sysco a few years back. They had boneless butts packed two to the cryo..with 3 bundles to the case. Froze solid. Made each bundle weigh right at 20 lbs. and the case about 60 lbs. Since 20 lbs is about the right size for me to handle for sausage worked out perfect. Just thaw a pack and leave the other two in the freezer. Think it run about 1.60 at that time. Might check that out sometime if you got any contacts who can order ya stuff through Sysco.

bigwheel
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:50 pm

I be one of those unfortunates that don't have any Sysco contacts... Can't even get into restaurant depot 'cause I ain't got a biz license and don't know any non-charitables... poor me! At least I still got my Coscto and Sam's membership!

We've got a cheapo grocery chain over here called Jerry's, they got butts for $.78lb... ain't too bad.

James.

Return to “Other Meat and Sausages”