Briskets on!

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Briskets on!

Postby Larry Wolfe » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:05 am

Just to demonstrate how efficient the Primos are, take a look at the pic below. I filled the firebox with lump and about 4 chunks of apple yesterday for the ribs. The ribs cooked for about 5 hours at 235-250 range. I opened the cooker up to reload for todays brisket and to my surprise I still have more than enough for a long brisket cook! So I added 4 chunks of hickory and the brisket is now on. Had this been the WSM I would have used about 1/3 of a bag of Kingsford for the ribs and probably had to use the rest of the bag for the brisket cook. Not bashing the WSM's cause I still love and will use mine. Just wanted to show the efficiency of the Primos.

The brisket is rubbed down with worcestershire sauce and Wolfe Rub Bold.

Image Image Image Image
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:14 am

You'll really love it on the first cold & windy day. No need for a wind break. That ceramic will chug along like it's summertime in Austin with no noticeable increase in fuel use.

It could be argued that it will pay for itself eventually in fuel savings. That's the line I used to get past the Mrs.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Postby Larry Wolfe » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:18 am

DATsBBQ wrote:You'll really love it on the first cold & windy day. No need for a wind break. That ceramic will chug along like it's summertime in Austin with no noticeable increase in fuel use.

It could be argued that it will pay for itself eventually in fuel savings. That's the line I used to get past the Mrs.

Oh I absolutely 100% agree Dats! It will end up paying for itself and is super easy to clean vs. the WSM's.
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Postby Larry Wolfe » Tue May 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Finally got around to posting the pic's from Sundays brisket! :o

Image Image Image Image

I also took a pic charcoal after the brisket cook and had more than enough to do spatchcock chicken tonight! The Primo is certainly one very efficient cooker! This is the third cook on one load of charcoal and will have more to cook burgers or something later in the week!! :o

Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue May 01, 2007 5:58 pm

nice looking brisket, Larry :D :D Sounds like you are really liking that new Primo cooker. :D How about a review of it posted in the Pit thread?? :D :D
Jim
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue May 01, 2007 7:11 pm

What OSD said (Jim) :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
larry wolfe USER_AVATAR
Larry Wolfe
Cowboy

Postby Larry Wolfe » Tue May 01, 2007 7:30 pm

OSD wrote:nice looking brisket, Larry :D :D Sounds like you are really liking that new Primo cooker. :D How about a review of it posted in the Pit thread?? :D :D

I promised that to you last week and I totally forgot. I will try to get on posted this week. If it's not up in a day or two, feel free to PM me. I forget.......................alot!
Larry Wolfe
---------------------

Visit The Wolfe Pit
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Tue May 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Good lookin' brisket, Larry!
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”