My first smoken weekend

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:10 pm

Actually, my wife has a Kitchen Aid mixer, so I was gonna see if they have a grinder attachment and a stuffer attachment.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
leftover biscuits USER_AVATAR
Leftover Biscuits
Pilgrim

Postby Leftover Biscuits » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:20 pm

Big Mike wrote:Actually, my wife has a Kitchen Aid mixer, so I was gonna see if they have a grinder attachment and a stuffer attachment.

Big Mike, I got one them KA mixers ... got the grinder & stuffer attachments ... and I gotta be honest, makin' sausage with them tools ain't no walk in the park. The grinder works OK ... 'specially if you're doing small batches ~ but the stuffer leaves much to be desired. I finally gave up on using that stuffer. I do love that KA though ... use it almost every day for something ... mostly making bread & pizza doughs ... and use the grinder for small jobs like making ham salad, etc.

That's just my experience ... mebbe you'll have better luck with it.
Be True To The 'Que
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Like LB said - grinder works for small batches and the stuffer works if you have someone helping and both of you have 3 hands. Gave up on mine and bought reg. grinder and stuffer. :D
Jim
leftover biscuits USER_AVATAR
Leftover Biscuits
Pilgrim

Postby Leftover Biscuits » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:05 pm

stuffer works if you have someone helping and both of you have 3 hands.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL ~ ain't that the truth! Dang stuffer is about a foot off the playin' field, too ... dat just ain't right. Design flaw....
Be True To The 'Que
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:57 pm

Thanks guys, maybe I'll just have to look elsewhere. I'm not necessarily planning on making huge batches, but I don't want to be gripin and moanin the whole time I'm doin it either.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
soezzy USER_AVATAR
SoEzzy
Wrangler

Postby SoEzzy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Some one also posted this sausage stuffer. Vertical stuffer at about 1/3 - 1/4 of the price I have seen any other ones at.

I have no connection to the firm and don't know how good they are, but they look well built, and will be the one I buy at the end of next month for stuffing my sausages.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:24 pm

Guess I'm prehistoric. I use a Porkert. Course grind, and the stuffer tube and course grind again. Now I've told thats not the way to do it, but it works and the suggestions given by well intentioned folk didn't.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:38 am

perryranch:
For Sure, For Sure You got it going on. Made me want some real bad. I ran right over to the local deer processor, sure thing he had some smoked deer sausage. This was some deer that folks did not pick up as the season is over. A little dry but tasty. Your fire box looks great. But the grub looks better. CF
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”