Honey Chipotle Turkey Breast

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Honey Chipotle Turkey Breast

Postby tex_toby » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:21 am

Smoked another turkey breast on my Gator Pit yesterday seasoned with Ash Kickin' Honey Chipotle rub. Spicy & delicious!

IMG_4232.jpeg
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Honey Chipotle Turkey Breast

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:12 pm

That looks fantastic. Do you have a meat slicer or just that good with a knife?
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:57 pm

Rambo wrote:That looks fantastic. Do you have a meat slicer or just that good with a knife?

Most definitely used my meat slicer. I'm no ninja! :rambo: :laughing7: I cut the one I cooked a few weeks ago with a knife and it was fine, but I just wanted some thinner slices this time. It's actually the first time I've used my slicer in about 10 years. The last time I used it, I broke the piece that locks the blade into place. I put it back in the box and time just got away from me to see if I could find a part to fix it. It is a Cabelas branded slicer and I figured after a decade, there was no chance at fixing it so I was just going to chunk it. Before I did that though, I did some researching on the internet and a phone call to Cabelas support, and they were able to give me a phone number to the company that manufactured it. I called them and was able to get a part to fix it within a week. Never thought that would happen. Back in business!!! :cheers:
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:24 pm

Nice Slice, Sir - - - I love having things like that in the Frig for a spur of the moment Plate - - - Sammies, Tacos, Tortilla Wraps or just snack pieces with some chez on it "?maybe? :cheers: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:43 pm

I have a heavy duty Cabela’s Meat Grinder I got as a gift several years ago. It’s been a great appliance
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:46 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Nice Slice, Sir - - - I love having things like that in the Frig for a spur of the moment Plate - - - Sammies, Tacos, Tortilla Wraps or just snack pieces with some chez on it "?maybe? :cheers: :chef:

I've been eating a bunch of carb-watch whole wheat tortillas with turkey and mustard for lunches every week. I can only take so many grilled chicken salads.... :roll:

Rambo wrote:I have a heavy duty Cabela’s Meat Grinder I got as a gift several years ago. It’s been a great appliance

Well I'm a believer now in their stuff with the ability to get parts. I really didn't expect that to happen.
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:00 pm

I hear you on the low carb deal. I’ve dropped from 239 to 216 without starving. One thing I’ve been doing every morning is eating one boiled egg and a glass of grapefruit juice. Salad/ Meat for lunch, and then Multi Grain Cheerios for supper. No bread or chips except occasionally. By the looks of your photos you’re eating healthy. Stay with it but take a day off every once in a while
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:22 pm

Rambo wrote:I hear you on the low carb deal. I’ve dropped from 239 to 216 without starving. One thing I’ve been doing every morning is eating one boiled egg and a glass of grapefruit juice. Salad/ Meat for lunch, and then Multi Grain Cheerios for supper. No bread or chips except occasionally. By the looks of your photos you’re eating healthy. Stay with it but take a day off every once in a while

I've dropped 15lbs in the last 4 weeks and the only thing I have changed is my diet. Not doing anything crazy, just trying to eat better foods. Lot's of poultry & fish with vegetables vs red meat, pasta & potatoes. Also eating most meals at home and cutting back on my whiskey intake. We do cheat from time to time when meeting friends for dinner or whatnot. I have zero restraint when I walk into my favorite tex-mex joints. :whiteflag: :laughing7: Hasn't been too bad so far though and going to try to keep on keepin'on. :texas:
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:20 pm

Good LUck with this, T-tobe - - - - "YOU CAN DO IT" :tup: :wav: :salut: :cheers: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:42 pm

great looking slices...
Stay with it on the diet, You will be successful!!
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:23 pm

tex_toby wrote:I've dropped 15lbs in the last 4 weeks and the only thing I have changed is my diet. :

Very nice! And with slices like that, has to make it easier.

Rambo wrote:glass of grapefruit juice.

I wish I could have grapefruit juice. The cholesterol meds don’t allow that too often.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:33 pm

tex_toby wrote:I wish I could have grapefruit juice. The cholesterol meds don’t allow that too often.

I am in the same boat with you, I dont understand why the doc says that? :dont:
seems like when something is off the menu, no matter how much one "used to" not like it, now one craves it!!
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”