New gas grill

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

New gas grill

Postby JustinCouch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:01 pm

I am Seariously considering getting a gasser. I cooked on one at my aunt's house last weekend. It was a holland brand so I know I can't afford one of those. I see real cheap ones at Wal-Mart. I am thinking of getting one of those to test the waters so to say. I really don't want to waste money on an expensive one and not like it. I will listen to any advice y'all have to give.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: New gas grill

Postby Rambo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Justin- we have an Advantage I got at Lowe’s. About a hundred and a quarter. It works great for, burgers, dogs, steaks, ad chicken. I’ve done rib-eyes on it too
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Rambo wrote:Justin- we have an Advantage I got at Lowe’s. About a hundred and a quarter. It works great for, burgers, dogs, steaks, ad chicken. I’ve done rib-eyes on it too

I think 8m going to stick with the cheap one to start with. All of my grilling life folks have made fun of gassers. I have done it too. But millions of people around the globe have gassers and not charcoal. I have to try it. I have been seeing where a lot of people are going back to lava rocks or ceramic bricketts with simple mods. I might try that.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:10 pm

We have, I think, a four-burner Char-Broil and a Weber Mini. Nothing puts grill marks on steak like the Mini; nothing does chicken with crispy skin like the bigger rig.
Moink!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:40 pm

I also have a Weber Mini Kettle. It’s fantastic
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:33 pm

I was at a nice restaurant once with a bunch of guys from work and this guy got down on one knee to propose. All the guys at my table started hollering DON’T DO IT. Not sure what that has to do with buying a gasser. :D

I had a Holland when I was on the dark side. After I got my first BGE, I used the Holland to store Eggcesories, like a pizza stone, extra racks, etc. Finally sold it to an employee at the store where I bought it.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:08 pm

I have a gasser and don't use it.

My BGE has eclipsed it in many ways.
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
rwalters
Pilgrim

New gas grill

Postby rwalters » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:19 pm

If you’re gonna pick up a gasser, I strongly recommend grabbing a well cared for Weber off of CL or FB Marketplace. You’ll have a MUCH better cooking experience!!!!! :)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:37 pm

I don't know all the brands available over there, but I've had a few gassers. Tried them all at the cabin in the mountains. Very harsh climate. All of them rusted away or broke down in a couple of years. I also tried a broil king, lasted two years. Two years ago I bought a new Weber at home and brought my old Weber to the cabin. It's 17 years old and still running fine. I have it outside all the year. Summer, winter, snow, rain or sun. Still good. What I recommend if you have the option, is to buy a three burner version with the burners parallel to the SHORT side of the grill. That gives you more options when cooking, especiallywhen using indirect heat. The gasser is very convenient for quick grilling after work and such. You can throw in a smoke box if you want more smoke taste. For bbq I use the WSM.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:04 pm

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:41 pm

I had a gas grill once upon a time. I really enjoyed it for the hot n fast cooks; fajitas, burgers, etc. You can use a little cast iron egg skillet with wood chips for smoke if you choose. They come in handy.
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”