Brothers doing a whole hog today. Order a 72# got a 115# instead from butcher.

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Brothers doing a whole hog today. Order a 72# got a 115# instead from butcher.

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:58 am

Great Pics Y'all - - - - ever since I got my Pit Boss Pellet Pooper, I've been wanting to do a whole small goat (Cabrito) but I can't find any source except kill and skin your own around here. The Cabrito that I've eaten before tasted a lot like Venison so I'm wanting to giver her a try. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Re: Brothers doing a whole hog today. Order a 72# got a 115# instead from butcher.

Postby Copasspupil » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Parts that’s interesting about the flavor comparison.

For those curious, that pig with 24 people eating it only left about 12 pounds of leftovers from the burial ground bbq. Say 75 pounds of meat came off of it that 2 1/2 pounds eating/person. Shiny bellies and great naps I’m sure came after.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:04 pm

:cheers: :salut: :D
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm

great pic "pickin" pictures

Cabrito is good stuff, last I had, I had to kill, clean and cook myself, probably closer to the border it can be found.. :dont:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:06 pm

I worked with a guy today that is a pig farmer also. So interesting to hear how he discovered and breed certain pig breeds and the reasons why. He crossed a Duroc and Yorkshire. They create a larger ham and better belly. When he sends them to slaughter and certain reasons why they might do it a little earlier. He tried to force them to eat on an angle to create a bigger ham but it was too hard to have any success. Ideal weight for his are around 200-250 pounds bringing around 150-175 hanging weight. Pretty cool conversation.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”