The Pit is Lit

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: The Pit is Lit

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:27 am

OK, thanks - - we saw that one in FW on our way back from Eureka Springs last March. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:35 am

Its a first class facility, they do a good job of taking care of the fans there. And i know that because I go to a lot of the other ones as well. But I cook the BBQ in advance because I go in my motorhome and don't have anyway to cook large cut of meat while I am there. And I don't want to have to get someone to go with me just to pull the pit. So that pulled pork will be hot and ready most of the afternoon and evening in a crock pot so that when people need a quick sammy while they are drinking it is always ready.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:57 am

Parts, I carry a little red coleman road trip brand grill in my RV, and I have a propane colaman skillet, and that crock pot, and we can put out some pretty good groceries with just that little bit of equipment.

IMG_0338 (2).JPG
The grill in this photo

IMG_3385 (1).jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm double liking the Bark on that Chair and expanding Trash Bag Holder :salut: - - - Were those taken at Talledaga :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Yes, that is at Talladega, my spots there look into the middle of turns 1 and 2. The top one was from several years ago. The bottom one was from a couple of weeks ago. And the itch to get to Ft. Worth is getting bad. May leave Wed. evening. I don't camp in the infield at FT. Worth. Heading to the storage shed now to get the motorhome. Most of the stuff I need for a race weekend stays in it all the time. So I don't have that much to load up to be ready to go.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:20 pm

If you don't mind, I would like to share the top pic with my Cajun Buddy :?:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:37 pm

What happens at this stage of Jenga if somebody needs a beer out of that cooler? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:21 pm

Sooner, only an Okie would keep beer in that cooler. There might be some in that cooler in the back though.

IMG_0490 (1).jpg

IMG_3373 (6).jpg
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:29 pm

LOL!

Glad to see you guys are watching your figures with the light beer.

Have fun in Cowtown and be safe. Weathers rolling through today but it should be picture perfect this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:36 pm

Weather is rolling though here as well. No sense in trying to give the RV a bath today. Just load my britches and some groceries and get on the road later today.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Y'all have a Safe Trip :tup: :salut: :texas:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:05 am

OldUsedParts wrote:If you don't mind, I would like to share the top pic with my Cajun Buddy :?:

No problem parts
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:00 pm

GRailsback wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:If you don't mind, I would like to share the top pic with my Cajun Buddy :?:

No problem parts

This was his reply:
That's a nice spot down there in the infield. He's real close to the stages where the bands play at night too. I would have to ride on a golf cart to go down there for the concerts, it's a long walk from our spot up on the hill.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:51 am

Your buddy is correct Parts. My spots are very close to a lot of the action. And it is a very very large complex, I took a golf cart this year, I won it down at the Galveston County cookoff. But they just broke ground on a 50 million upgrade to the infield after this last race. So I suspect my nice spots are going to be going up in price next year.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”