WooHoo I get to

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

WooHoo I get to

Postby perryranch » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:47 pm

Smoke a wild hog ham this weekend. DH went coyote hunting this afternoon/evening but he didn't see any coyotes but he did see a couple of hogs. They got 2 and to make it even better I found a front goat shoulder in the freezer from this past fall.

So who can guess what's on our menu this weekend. Oh man I can't wait.:D
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Re: WooHoo I get to

Postby SteerCrazy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:54 am

perryranch wrote:Smoke a wild hog ham this weekend. DH went coyote hunting this afternoon/evening but he didn't see any coyotes but he did see a couple of hogs. They got 2 and to make it even better I found a front goat shoulder in the freezer from this past fall.

So who can guess what's on our menu this weekend. Oh man I can't wait.:D

Pizza? :laughing7: :fro: just kidding.....make sure you take some pics of the cook!!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:03 am

:pig:
sounds gud.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:29 am

Smoked ham is one of my favorite meals. :D Just be sure to take lots of pics. :wink:
Jim
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:33 pm

The goat is what intrigues me. Haven't ever even seen goat on a menu or in the store. Bet it kind tastes like......CHICKEN :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:38 pm

LOL nope not chicken thankfully. It's more of a cross between beef and venison. If you have a mexican meat market around you should be able to find it there or any store that caters to ethnic race. Also markets catering to middle eastern groups.

I think everyone should try it.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:44 pm

Cabrito!! I haven't had that in along time. Very tasty :D How are you going to cook it? Slow roast on the grill? Last I did I think I remember it took about 3 1/2 hours to finish.
What's the rest of the menu going to be?
Jim
LOW-n-SLOW
Pilgrim

Postby LOW-n-SLOW » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:51 am

MMMMMMMMMM I loves me some wild hog...........cooked one last weekend for the Super Bowl..........but I'd throw it all in the garbage to smoke me some goat..................that is my favorite................I think I got a little left in the freezer. It don't last too long around here..........Wish I had a nice wether ready to butcher................all I got right now is breeding stock, but when them babies are born in a few months, a couple of em are gonna have a date with the smoker........
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:03 am

OSD I don't have a side firebox on my pit yet so I'm going to build the fire to one side and hopefully smoke it that way. I did my armadillo eggs that way and they turned out so so good. As for the rest of of the menu I didn't know i needed more thought the meat would be enough LOL. I do have a butternut squash that needs cookin. Who knows about the rest.

low-n-slow I know what ya mean about cabrito :dgrin: we have one that is an extra for a show goat just in case we needed. If not he has a date with a smoker come first monday in June at our county fair. I can't wait till babies start hittin the ground. How many head to you have.
LOW-n-SLOW
Pilgrim

Postby LOW-n-SLOW » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:50 pm

I got 10 head right now. All but one are Boers Had qbout 25 head and got hit hard bythe drought and had to sell a bunch off. Was down to just 2 100%ers and my pet pygmy doe. Been buyin a few here and there, plannin on getttin a few more in the next couple of months. We have one wether entered in the county fair in the next county over in April. If he don't make sale we will get him back from the girl that is showing him and give her another show wether for next year. He will be going on the smoker. LOL
How many head do you have............
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:43 pm

at present time I have 37 head 34 does 2 buck and the wether. We have a mixture of goats. I have 2 milk goats a LaMancha and a Saneen. I have a registered boer buck and 2 registered does. The rest of the herd is boer myatonic(fainting) cross. Oh I also have 2 milk boer crosses. We are wanting to get our herd built up to about 150. We changed up our breeding program this yr. I want to raise both meat and show goats and for our county fair they need to be born from July to Oct. So we just put out buck in a couple of weeks ago. But I have one milk goat should be kidding end of this month the other one mid April.

Our boys are showing does this yr. We don't think they are going to sell unless they are in the top 10 or 15 of show order.

If ya wanna see some of my goats here are some pics newest ones are from last spring. the 8th and 9th pic are my buck but we had just gotten him home and it was raining so not a flattering pic.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v130/ ... ama/Goats/
LOW-n-SLOW
Pilgrim

Postby LOW-n-SLOW » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:35 pm

Nice lookin goats.........I started raising show goats last year. I had a heckuva nice fullblood South African Boer buck and he threw some real nice babies. But I had to get rid of him, because he became destructive. He was tearing down fences daily. I bought a Kiko a while back and he was just as bad and he was one you had to keep your eye on so he got sold as well. I just bought me a new Boer buck last weekend and he is pretty darn nice. I need to buy some more, I just haven't had the time and the extra cash.

I got my huntin partners La Mancha doe at the house right now, a Boer buck I had borrowed covered her 2 weeks ago...............those LaManchas are some freaky lookin goats.................. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”