ABTs

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

ABTs

Postby Smoking Piney » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:17 pm

A staple cook here in the House of Piney and my wife and I love 'em. :D

Pablano peppers halved, de-seeded and membrane trimmed.
Stuffed with cream cheese, bleu cheese crumbles, and rendered chorizo
Dusted with Sucklebusters Texas Mesquite rub, wrapped in bacon, and on the pit at 275 with a load of pecan chunks for smoke.
About an hour / twenty in the smoke to done. They went great with the meat loaf. :D

My garden is chock full of pablano pepper plants...........I can't wait until they're ready to jump in my smoker. :D

Side note: THANKS for turning me onto Sucklebusters. I bought 3 rubs so far and they are great!

John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: ABTs

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:28 pm

ABTs are one of my favorite things to BBQ but I always use large Jalapenos - - - however, I may have to give the Poblanos a try real soon :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:32 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:ABTs are one of my favorite things to BBQ but I always use large Jalapenos - - - however, I may have to give the Poblanos a try real soon :tup: :salut:

Thanks, OUP. I love them with jalapenos, but my wife can't take ANY heat at all. The poblanos have just a hint of heat that mellows out nicely in the smoke and still have a great texture and taste. She'll eat these.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:41 pm

I am married to her Sister :laughing7: :lol: :D so that would also be my reason to use some Poblanos next time - - ?well? maybe not next time but soon :dont: :roll: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Nice! :salut:

We love poblanos, incredible flavor. Difficult to find. May have to grow them next yeqr.
Moink!
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Thanks, Sailor Kenshin!

Poblanos seem to be a very under-rated pepper, and they're delicious.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Agreed, I've stuffed and grilled them like a Chili Relleno trying to copy a cook that Capt'n Jack did and they were delicious :tup:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:08 pm

I sound like a broken record, but I've still somehow managed to not make these and every time I see these I tell myself ...this weekend I'm gonna try em, but once again I'll probably drop the ball, grrr...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:31 am

Do like I do just tie a string around your finger, write a remember to note and put it in your pocket, get several of your friends to call you and constantly remind you and last but not least just get dressed and go get some NOW or after the Sun comes up :dont: :laughing7: :roll: :lol:

that reminds me of ? but I can't remember what :whiteflag:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: ABTs

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:15 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Do like I do just tie a string around your finger, write a remember to note and put it in your pocket, get several of your friends to call you and constantly remind you and last but not least just get dressed and go get some NOW or after the Sun comes up :dont: :laughing7: :roll: :lol:

that reminds me of ? but I can't remember what :whiteflag:
Ya know that guy Murphy that's practices law ??
Well, like clockwork he showed up again. Got a call late last night.
My Mother's Bonneville broke down about 4 hrs from her home.
On her way back from Maine with my sister and my neice and it took a dump. So a road trip with my 2 Bros, a mass air flow sensor and a ignition module should get it home without towing it with the suburban.
Unfortunately from past experience, these cars are plagued with those two issues.
So...yeah, looks like the ABT's are on hold yet again...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:38 am

Priorities Pal Priorities :salut: :cheers:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”