Unseasoned hamburgers

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Unseasoned hamburgers

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:17 pm

I don't know if it is just me but hamburgers are one of my fav things to grill. Problem is they started giving me terrible heart burn and they leave me feeling dehydrated. Anybody ever experience anything like that. I think I am going to do a trial burger with no seasoning and see how that treats me.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Unseasoned hamburgers

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Justin - what have you been using to season your burgers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Kosher salt course ground pepper.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Have you tried maybe reducing the amount of seasoning? I’ve never experienced this, just thinking of possibilities. Also, is your fire getting enough airflow? If it’s billowing dirty smoke that could cause the burps.

txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Grab a cast iron skillet and "griddle" one - see if it gives the same effect. Just a thought. :dont:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:15 pm

I've had a similar experience but narrowed it down to condiments. For what ever reason the combination of avocado and fresh jalapeno does not like me in the least. As mentioned, dirty smoke is a gut buster too. Could just come down to age too, there are a few things other than the afore mentioned that I loved to eat, seems now they love to eat me from the inside out.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:18 pm

JustinCouch wrote:I don't know if it is just me but hamburgers are one of my fav things to grill. Problem is they started giving me terrible heart burn and they leave me feeling dehydrated. Anybody ever experience anything like that. I think I am going to do a trial burger with no seasoning and see how that treats me.

Try cutting back to just a 12 pack instead of a case of beer when you are grilling your favorite.
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm

GRailsback wrote:
JustinCouch wrote:I don't know if it is just me but hamburgers are one of my fav things to grill. Problem is they started giving me terrible heart burn and they leave me feeling dehydrated. Anybody ever experience anything like that. I think I am going to do a trial burger with no seasoning and see how that treats me.

Try cutting back to just a 12 pack instead of a case of beer when you are grilling your favorite.

I don't think so Tim!!!! I was at my cousins house this past weekend and believe it or not I was a case of miller lite and half a fifth of crown when I saves his shiskabobs!!! I try nor to touch another mans grill but when he passes out what are you supposed to do???
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Juice Tone, some veggies are reflux prone to some folks - - - I can not eat cucs or raw onions without getting heartburn. So put the eyeball on the condiments as GTR mentioned :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 pm

JustinCouch wrote:
GRailsback wrote:

I don't think so Tim!!!! I was at my cousins house this past weekend and believe it or not I was a case of miller lite and half a fifth of crown when I saves his shiskabobs!!! I try nor to touch another mans grill but when he passes out what are you supposed to do???

Ole Reb, always save the day if you can.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Tough thing about something like this is (as you can tell from the responses) so many potential causes. Guess you just gotta start trying to figure out what the cooks had in common when you had the problem and remove potential offenders one at a time.

Once you get the problem solved get your cousin to invite you over for burgers. When he passes out you get two :)

Good luck!

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”