cooling process?? heath department stiffler.

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

von silver
Pilgrim

cooling process?? heath department stiffler.

Postby von silver » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:30 am

hey guys I was trying to do some research about the cooling process of cooling a chuck roll. the heath department told me after getting the roast to its final temp I have to bring it down to 70 degrees in two hours. and after that it needs to be down to below 41 degrees I believe in a hour and a half. so I was just wondering what are some methods some of you guys use. I smoke a 20 pound roll cut in to 4 pieces to cut down on cooking time. and ice bath the pieces individually in air tight zip locks. I could always slice that day but prefer not to do in till the next day. I swear this heath department guy loves to be a knife in my side sometimes. but if thats the rules then im game.
im just trying to get a idea of what some of you guys do. or if you guys have a better method? thanks for your time? :deadhorse:
jasonpalderson
Pilgrim

Re: cooling process?? heath department stiffler.

Postby jasonpalderson » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:03 pm

von silver wrote:hey guys I was trying to do some research about the cooling process of cooling a chuck roll. the heath department told me after getting the roast to its final temp I have to bring it down to 70 degrees in two hours. and after that it needs to be down to below 41 degrees I believe in a hour and a half. so I was just wondering what are some methods some of you guys use. I smoke a 20 pound roll cut in to 4 pieces to cut down on cooking time. and ice bath the pieces individually in air tight zip locks. I could always slice that day but prefer not to do in till the next day. I swear this heath department guy loves to be a knife in my side sometimes. but if thats the rules then im game.
im just trying to get a idea of what some of you guys do. or if you guys have a better method? thanks for your time? :deadhorse:

I have a bar. That serves food and that’s the rules. Food can’t be covered until it’s cooled either or refrigerated. Not sure how to get it to cool faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Re: cooling process?? heath department stiffler.

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:56 am

Ice bath is my preferred method.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”