Rib replication

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Rib replication

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:18 pm

After last weekends success with ribs I want to try to reproduce the same results as before. My dad is supposed to come hang out sat night and I sure do want to show off. I love the weber and I am going to use it again but Im anxious to see if I can pull these off with the highland. I was planning on doing 2 racks of baby basks but I might have to buy a 3rd just to use the offset. But then I would just be wasting charcoal. I will prob try the offset one weekend for just myself and focus on replicating last weekends cook.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Rib replication

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:01 pm

You make your Dad Proud, I'm sure - - - - NOW, listen to another old man "If it works DON'T FIX IT" - - - so do them exactly like your Successful Reebz were done. :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
canadian smoker USER_AVATAR
Canadian Smoker
Rustler

Postby Canadian Smoker » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:46 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:You make your Dad Proud, I'm sure - - - - NOW, listen to another old man "If it works DON'T FIX IT" - - - so do them exactly like your Successful Reebz were done. :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:

I totally agree with this advice. :D
Tools:
Horizon Marshal 20" RD Special Offset
22" Weber Master Touch (limited edition smoke color)
Large BGE
Napoleon Gasser

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe,and it has a longer shelf life."
Frank Zappa"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:35 pm

The old man had to cancel our get together but that's not going to stop me from my rib reproduction. Everything is exactly the same less for using apple wood chunks vs chips. It a little over an hour in. I also took the time to clean out the highland. I brought the grates in and washed them real good. I also took out the grease soaked tinfoil I forgot about. I got a nice hot fire in it right now so hopefully it will kill anything nasty in there.
Attachments
20180303_152535.jpg
20180303_131151.jpg
20180303_152558.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:38 pm

You got it goin on, Friend, can't wait to see the final pic :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:27 am

Good results again. In happy with this method. Now that the highland is cleaned out i will try the next batch on it. Here's to hoping they turn out good too.
Attachments
20180303_180955.jpg
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:03 am

Lookin' good.........but frankly from the subject title I was expecting another Adam and Eve story........
tarde venientibus ossa....
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 am

Ha!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Papa Tom wrote:Lookin' good.........but frankly from the subject title I was expecting another Adam and Eve story........

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: an Apple spritz would have sealed the deal, eh Papa T? :dont:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”