Pork loin surprise!

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: Pork loin surprise!

Postby Txdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 am

For the rub I used, I remember what went in, just not the amounts..
Brown sugar, chili powder, salt, garlic, onion powder, cumin, paprika, ground mustard, cayenne.
(Insert witty signature here)
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 am

Txdragon wrote:For the rub I used, I remember what went in, just not the amounts..
Brown sugar, chili powder, salt, garlic, onion powder, cumin, paprika, ground mustard, cayenne.

Funny you should say that. I rarely measure anything when it comes to new stuff. I saw an episode of "Best thing I ever ate" where this places number 1 dish was called "never the same" meatballs. They were a deli and also a restaurant and they made the next days meatballs out of whatever end pieces were left from slicing and a mixture of Wagyu beef. Man, you could just see the flavor dripping off them.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:23 am

How many times have we all heard our Moms and Grannys say
"Oh, I don't know just a pinch of this and a dab of that and if it needs more just add a smidgen"
:roll: :dont: :?: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:09 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:How many times have we all heard our Moms and Grannys say
"Oh, I don't know just a pinch of this and a dab of that and if it needs more just add a smidgen"
:roll: :dont: :?: :chef:

Oddly enough, that's a method that works rather Well! I've always wondered why. Well.. It seems that our taste buds rely pretty heavily upon our sense of smell. Our sense of smell relies heavily upon our sinuses. Our sinuses rely upon TONS of variables from sickness to, yes, even barometric pressure. So what we may taste and like one day, may find it to be off another day; even if the exact measurements are followed to a "T". This is why seasoning by taste usually proves to be best. Measurements are really more guidelines than set in stone.
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm

10-4 - - - I imagine that WE'VE ALL BEEN GUILTY of
"Too Much Salt" :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
texmike USER_AVATAR
TexMike
Cowboy

Postby TexMike » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm

I gotta try me some cream cheese mac and cheese. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :salut: :salut: :salut:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”