Christmas chow

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Christmas chow

Postby JustinCouch » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:42 pm

At my house we are doing a ham,dressing and gravy,Mac and cheese,and green bean bundles. Also I plan on making a pot of gumbo. What do Yall have planned?
FWL2579
Wrangler

Re: Christmas chow

Postby FWL2579 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:04 pm

We are having ham, rice dressing, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, cherry fluff salad and a lot of desert!
Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis S-330
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:30 pm

We go to my family’s Christmas Day and they will do turkey, ham and all the things that go along with it.

On Christmas Eve the in laws are coming over and we decided to go low key this year. I’m smoking ribs and some pork belly burnt ends. Not sure on the sides yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ucsteve
Pilgrim

Postby ucsteve » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:35 pm

S. Texas Christmas meal is tamales, chili, beans, beer, and lots of desserts
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 pm

ucsteve wrote:S. Texas Christmas meal is tamales, chili, beans, beer, and lots of desserts

I can’t begin to tell you how awesome that sounds.

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:52 pm

31 day dry aged prime rib, creamed spinach, New Orleans corn soufflé, and of course sweet tea. Maybe a glass of wine and Jacque Danielle Cajun Coolaid.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Twice smoked Ham with tater salad and other fixings on Christmas day. Christmas eve is chicken and sausage gumbo.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:44 pm

We're going to the home of my youngest Son and his Wife (an awesome Cook) on Saturday and I'm getting up early to do a Beer can Gobbler EXCEPT without the Beer - - I will be using Mtn. Dew instead and PoconoPal has assured me that it is "Larapin". Then for Christmas Day we will only have my oldest Step-son here with us so I'm doing what he requested by fixin a Jamaican Jerk Chicken with the Waterswood Good Stuff - - Jerk Chicken on Christmas Day will definitely be a FIRST for me but I'm looking forward to it and all I need is to figger out what to serve with it. Any Suggestions Y'all :dont: :santa:

Pssst: I'm thinking about ?maybe? beer canning the Jerk Chicken rather than grilling after it's been bathing in the Jerk Sauce since the day before. :dont: :?: :roll: :chef: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:02 pm

We did the family thing last week, with turkey and roast pork tenderloin, dressing, creamed spinach, and assorted desserts.

Christmas Eve: Chinese takeout. Christmas Day: probably reebz. Unsure about sides. Baked tater or German Tater Salad? Hmmmm...
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:33 pm

German tater salad :?: - - - Hmmmm, I've had "great" and "give me a break" in that catagory. :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:We're going to the home of my youngest Son and his Wife (an awesome Cook) on Saturday and I'm getting up early to do a Beer can Gobbler EXCEPT without the Beer - - I will be using Mtn. Dew instead and PoconoPal has assured me that it is "Larapin". Then for Christmas Day we will only have my oldest Step-son here with us so I'm doing what he requested by fixin a Jamaican Jerk Chicken with the Waterswood Good Stuff - - Jerk Chicken on Christmas Day will definitely be a FIRST for me but I'm looking forward to it and all I need is to figger out what to serve with it. Any Suggestions Y'all :dont: :santa:

Pssst: I'm thinking about ?maybe? beer canning the Jerk Chicken rather than grilling after it's been bathing in the Jerk Sauce since the day before. :dont: :?: :roll: :chef: :laughing7:

Jamaican Rice & Peas w/ some Red Stripe - Ya Mon!

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Ham, Chicken & Dressing, Chicken & Dumplings, Mashed Potatoes, Corn Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Purple Hull Peas, Butter Beans, Hot Rolls, Pecan Pie, Chocolate Pie and Banana Pudding. Great cooks and everything from scratch. My mother-In-Law is 87 and I don't think anyone can make those 4" hot Rolls like she does;
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 am

We are going with grilled ABT's, tamales, enchiladas, and a pot of beans. :santa:
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:54 am

Going to our daughter and son in law for Christmas Eve brunch. Fattys, ham, our first duck.
Christmas a home with the Mrs will be a cowboy ribeye.
Merry Christmas!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:02 am

bsooner75 wrote: Jamaican Rice & Peas w/ some Red Stripe - Ya Mon!

thanks, Sooner, first time for me and it may turn out to taste like Red Bean and Rice :dont:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”