Venison on the horizon!

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Venison on the horizon!

Postby Txdragon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:37 am

Took a deer this evening just after sunset and here's the hind quarters that will DEFINITELY see the pit in the very near future. Sausage, jerky and steaks, oh my!!
20171118_233226.jpg
(Insert witty signature here)
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Re: Venison on the horizon!

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:00 am

I always look forward to your creations. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:08 am

Sausage, Jerky and ?Steaks?, eh "T"? - - - I'd bet you anything that you debone a Bambi Hammie just like I used to. A lot of folks don't know that there is a nice long muscle in there that is "only" second to backstrap for larapin pan fried steaks. Anxious to see their ?"fate"? :tup: :chef: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Sausage, Jerky and ?Steaks?, eh "T"? - - - I'd bet you anything that you debone a Bambi Hammie just like I used to. A lot of folks don't know that there is a nice long muscle in there that is "only" second to backstrap for larapin pan fried steaks. Anxious to see their ?"fate"? :tup: :chef: :salut: :cheers:

Mr. Parts, that muscle to which you refer, we know better as the eye of round that we see in the stores all over God's creation!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 am

I stand "Edjerkate'd" - - - - sure looked like a long muscle to me :dont: :laughing7: :D :lol:
Thanks for the info, Friend :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:28 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I stand "Edjerkate'd" - - - - sure looked like a long muscle to me :dont: :laughing7: :D :lol:
Thanks for the info, Friend :tup: :salut:

This one?
Eye-of-Round-e1431934354944-300x118.jpg
Eye-of-Round-e1431934354944-300x118.jpg (7.78 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Yuppers, another thing we liked to do with that muscle, er uh Eye of da'Round, was to slice into 1" crosswise pieces then add them to some K-Bobs intertwined with pearl own-yawns, squash/zuchinni/peppers, baste with Zesty Italian, Season to taste and then grill to "perfection :chef: :cheers:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:22 pm

That sounds fantastic! I think venison does well with a little zip like eye-talyon dressing. I'm gonna have to try those kabobs now!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 pm

good deal, it's also one of my favorite ways to treat the nice red lean smaller chunks that you get from Bambi - - - cut those squashes at least an 1" thick crosswise also :tup: :chef: :salut:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”