Mmmmmm ribs…

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Mmmmmm ribs…

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"]Sooner,
Sorry for the hi-jack !!!

Emm is too quiet right now..
He's either plotting his revenge or he's still walking up the ladder to the third story, about to do his ( armpit farts )....
Lol

Poor emm, lol, he takes some ribbing,lol

Russ[/quote]Yeah man, he's one heck of a good egg !!

Maybe a little ( cracked ) ...but a good man fo sho !!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Mmmmmm ribs…

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 pm

it's when they STOP talking about you that you need to worry :laughing7: :D :lol: the Wiffy told me on my BD last week that my BD suit needed pressing - - - - - there's an old Lefty Frizzel song, written by Whitey Shaver called "I never go around Mirrors" fits me to a tee :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:08 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:it's when they STOP talking about you that you need to worry :laughing7: :D :lol: the Wiffy told me on my BD last week that my BD suit needed pressing - - - - - there's an old Lefty Frizzel song, written by Whitey Shaver called "I never go around Mirrors" fits me to a tee :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I wouldn't let an iron near my birthday suit lol !!

I know that song, but the Keith Whitley version. Big fan of his, rest his soul.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:06 am

Enough already. How do those ribs (St. Louis I assume) end up cut so perfectly?? :angryfire: :angryfire: I have watched so many videos of people doing it with one whack with a sharp knife and come out looking perfect like yours. Mine never do, that's why I generally do BB's now. :banghead: :banghead: Can someone please help me with this? :scratch: :scratch: Those look fantastic. :chef: :chef: :chef:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:22 am

outlaw wrote:Enough already. How do those ribs (St. Louis I assume) end up cut so perfectly?? :angryfire: :angryfire: I have watched so many videos of people doing it with one whack with a sharp knife and come out looking perfect like yours. Mine never do, that's why I generally do BB's now. :banghead: :banghead: Can someone please help me with this? :scratch: :scratch: Those look fantastic. :chef: :chef: :chef:
Rock n chop blade maybe ????

Those work great, but take a bit of practice.One of the best cutting impliments I've ever bought.

You're right tho Outlaw, those are perfectly cut bones !
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:30 am

woodenvisions wrote:
outlaw wrote:Enough already. How do those ribs (St. Louis I assume) end up cut so perfectly?? :angryfire: :angryfire: I have watched so many videos of people doing it with one whack with a sharp knife and come out looking perfect like yours. Mine never do, that's why I generally do BB's now. :banghead: :banghead: Can someone please help me with this? :scratch: :scratch: Those look fantastic. :chef: :chef: :chef:

Those work great, but take a bit of practice.One of the best cutting impliments I've ever bought.

You're right tho Outlaw, those are perfectly cut bones !

Now I really look like an idiot. Are you talking about something like this? I'm not familiar with the term. Or something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Pizza-Cu ... chop+knife

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miracle-Blade-I ... SwTzlZgh09
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mmmmmm ribs…

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:37 am

outlaw wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="outlaw"]Enough already. How do those ribs (St. Louis I assume) end up cut so perfectly?? :angryfire: :angryfire: I have watched so many videos of people doing it with one whack with a sharp knife and come out looking perfect like yours. Mine never do, that's why I generally do BB's now. :banghead: :banghead: Can someone please help me with this? :scratch: :scratch: Those look fantastic. :chef: :chef: :chef:

You're right tho Outlaw, those are perfectly cut bones ![/quote]

Now I really look like an idiot. Are you talking about something like this? I'm not familiar with the term. Or something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Pizza-Cu ... chop+knife

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miracle-Blade-I ... SwTzlZgh09[/quote]Nah man, ur good, we don't have idiots on this forum, just crazy whacky ones here and there, right EMM and RUSS... ?? Lol.

Yeah, those are both GREAT for cutting cooked or uncooked bones, but especially cooked.

I personally LOVE the first one you put a link to.
I myself don't have either, mine is a smaller version of the first one, but one single handle in the middle, almost looks like an axe head.

Either way, any of these are a GREAT investment :mrgreen:

This works great for me:

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:51 am

Something to consider. Thanks. I think alot of my problem with the ribs is I am so frugal I look for the best prices, rather than the best cuts of meat.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks guys. I struggle with cutting ribs as well. There were a couple that got goofed up on these racks…the kids ate them :)

I've tried every knife in the kitchen. I've cut into bones, ripped the bark and hacked myself off six ways from Sunday cutting ribs. This time I pulled out my trust old electric knife. Worked great and will be my go to from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doozy-Q
Pilgrim

Postby Doozy-Q » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:56 pm

ST. Louis style pork ribs and pasta salad? You certainly don't see that everyday. I gotta try that combo fo sure. :salut:
beckjr2000
Pilgrim

Postby beckjr2000 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:38 pm

Looking Good! Love ribs! Took me 20 years to figure out how to make where I really like them. I now use the 3-2-1 method.
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:34 am

Fine looking bones ya' got there.... The Tardis I presume???
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:44 am

txsmkmstr wrote:Fine looking bones ya' got there.... The Tardis I presume???

Si Senor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”