My Date With The Hoochie Mama

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

My Date With The Hoochie Mama

Postby DaHorns » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:35 pm

OK, today I ran my test on Gator's Hoochie Mama rub. I picked up a pork loin and 3 racks of spares and trimmed them down to St. Louis style hit them with some wooster and then gave them a liberal coating of the Hoochie Mama rub then wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge overnight. I pulled them out and gave them another dusting of Hoochie Mama before I put them on at noon hoping they would be done by 6pm for dinner. We also made some yardbird and a mess of ABT's. I planned on sprinkling the yardbird with some Hoochie Mama, but the wife seasoned it first before I was able to share the idea with her. Well all I can tell you is that I'm truly impressed with the rub, it has a nice little bite to it and isn't overly sweet. The ribs came out GREAT, it "glazed" one rack with some bbq sauce for the wife and they we delicious (3 coats in the last hour). The other 2 were glazed with Texas Pepper Jelly pineapple/habanero jelly. I took a few pics, not as many as I should have, probably......Enjoy, we did!!!

Pre foil pic (see the ABT's and loin below?)
Hoochie Mama Ribs
The BBQ Sauced Ones
TPJ Glazed

I hope Hoochie Mama comes in a 2# bag........
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:08 pm

Holy cow, Horns! Good look'in eats brother!! Save a bite or two for me. I'm a new big fan of the hoochie mamma rub. Had a flat and a rack of spares hoochied for the get together today, gobbled up! Everyone commented on the flavor. Gator has a hit!! Dan package that hoochie in a 2lb bag. I need more! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a stumpted toe hurts
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:19 pm

Very nice!! :D That's some good lookin' food. :D :D
Jim

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”