Page 3 of 3

Re: BBQ Lingo

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:54 am
by OldUsedParts
agreed but haven't ALL or MOST of the BBQ Lingo been used previously with another meaning :?:
who and how much does it have to be used to be OFFICIAL :dont: :laughing7: :D :lol:

Re: BBQ Lingo

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:05 pm
by DickC
Thanks for the lingo lesson, I'll try to remember them!! :D

Re: BBQ Lingo

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:21 am
by Sailor Kenshin
damagyar wrote:Is "closhing"or something a BBQ term? This is how it appeared in an article. "Closhing will help melt all the flavours of your burger together and is easy to do at home on the grill." However, I haven't a clue what the guy means. If you can help me, I'd be much obliged.

I think he meant 'cloching.' A cloche: noun
a small translucent cover for protecting or forcing outdoor plants.
a woman's close-fitting, bell-shaped hat.
noun: cloche hat; plural noun: cloche hats

It may refer to a small but high-domed pot lid and is probably used to cover the burgers. You know. To melt the cheese?

I may be totally wrong. Lord help us.

But 'shigging?' Can't even guess.

Re: BBQ Lingo

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:20 pm
by spacetrucker
shigging... that is what competitors do and is thus explained, when a competitive team member goes to another's cook camp and stands around gathering cooking secrets, that may be employed elsewhere. So an example would be if you on team abc choose to use cinnamon on your brisket and you let that little tidbit out and a competitive cooker from team xyz hears such info then returns to his cook camp and uses cinnamon on his brisket he has stolen or shigged the information... at least that is the way I understand it to be....
Me I do not compete at all... :salut:

Re: BBQ Lingo

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:34 am
by Russ
My understanding has already been said, closh, to me is the domed metal piece that goes over food that's cooking to cook it faster.

I don't use it I just wait until the steak or whatever is ready.