06/05/07 Quick lunch smoke

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

xxfubarxx
Rustler

06/05/07 Quick lunch smoke

Postby xxfubarxx » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:23 pm

I'm still having camera issues but I guess any pics are better than no pics. 2 Fattys..1 Sage and 1 spicy with the anaheim and cream cheese someone posted up before. I'd never had anaheims before but they have good flavor even though they taste like they should have more bite. Beer can chicken with Goyo Adobo w/ pepper seasoning, Misses Dash, and pepper. Miller lite and some Worcestshire sauce in the can. Smoked with pecan and hickory. Chicken needed a little salt. Still can't figure out how though. The Adobo seasoning tasted really salty when I tried it on my finger. But every thing came out great.

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Very nice :D :D
Jim
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:47 pm

Pics look good. I am curious how the Sage fatty is? I have only had spicy hot myself.
I should try one.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Re: 06/05/07 Quick lunch smoke

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:53 pm

xxfubarxx wrote:I'm still having camera issues but I guess any pics are better than no pics. 2 Fattys..1 Sage and 1 spicy with the anaheim and cream cheese someone posted up before. I'd never had anaheims before but they have good flavor even though they taste like they should have more bite. Beer can chicken with Goyo Adobo w/ pepper seasoning, Misses Dash, and pepper. Miller lite and some Worcestshire sauce in the can. Smoked with pecan and hickory. Chicken needed a little salt. Still can't figure out how though. The Adobo seasoning tasted really salty when I tried it on my finger. But every thing came out great.

I'm sorry.... I remember what you said that you do for a living and I just crack up each time I see that first picture... :lol:

Sounds like a good lunch though! :D
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 pm

looks great! love the sage fatties!
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:31 am

LOL I bartend now..I thought the same after I took the pic. Kinda like the last one too. It's like the chicken is standing guard on the fatties. As far as the sage goes, I prefered the hot. It wasn't JD though. It was my experimental run with the 2 /$4 Krogers brand. The sage didn't even have much sage taste. Just had alot of salt taste. The hot was pretty good and made good sandwiches with a little mustard later. One other thing I may mix thin cut ham in with the cream cheese and maybe some jalapeno pieces in it. The anaheim made me want some bite. Also as an after thought, Krogers had some 4 /$5 on their generic brand on the sausage. Saw that after I was ready to check out.
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:16 pm

Yeah... I was about to tip that chicken a dollar! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:37 pm

xxfubarxx wrote:LOL I bartend now..I thought the same after I took the pic. Kinda like the last one too. It's like the chicken is standing guard on the fatties. As far as the sage goes, I prefered the hot. It wasn't JD though. It was my experimental run with the 2 /$4 Krogers brand. The sage didn't even have much sage taste. Just had alot of salt taste. The hot was pretty good and made good sandwiches with a little mustard later. One other thing I may mix thin cut ham in with the cream cheese and maybe some jalapeno pieces in it. The anaheim made me want some bite. Also as an after thought, Krogers had some 4 /$5 on their generic brand on the sausage. Saw that after I was ready to check out.

Ive experimented with other sausage brands and find that jimmy dean really has the best flavor. There is not much sage taste but enough in the JD to taste it.

If you ever see the Jimmy Dean Bold Country pick those up. They make a mild and a hot and the hot is hot but both have a great bold taste to em.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:53 am

When the name brand is going for a premium I'll buy plain old ground pork and season it to my tastes. Takes a little more time, but after a day in the fridge it's better than the name brand.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”