Texas Pete

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Re: Texas Pete

Postby BluDawg » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:39 pm

My Favorite was the beans and MF. I would melt the cheddar cheese into them from the cheese and crackers.The peaches where kick butt.
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
madmax52
Wrangler

Postby madmax52 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:07 am

Army field rats have definitely changed a bit since the days of C-rats thats for sure. Id have to say my "favorite" MRE though, is Chilli and macaroni. Same as above though, have to melt the cheese with the heater and mix it in. The chicken with noodles is probably the best though. As stated before, heat up the cheese with it and mix in the crackers and Tabasco. lol not gourmet but edible.
nbrdnck
Bandolero

Postby nbrdnck » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:39 am

captians chicken was proble my fav. with the apple poptart BS to get the taste out of my mouth.
RedNeck
Dan0rex
Pilgrim

Postby Dan0rex » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Well, my dad was a cook in Viet Nam, so that's why I started learning to cook. His idea of seasoning was salt, pepper, and Lowrey's seasoning salt. I agree that field chow has come a long way, with the gut truck and all. And yes, TP is an essential part of every MRE. I don't use as much as some people I know..... but it is good stuff. I use Tobasco as a base for hot wings, but I haven't made them in years, so I'll be trying TP next time.

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”