Second Batch without Hatch

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Second Batch without Hatch

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 am

Thanks, Y'all - - - Outlaw, I really liked the flavor and I thought the Roasted flavor and Veggie Variety turned out pretty decent. I de-seeded and de-veined the Japs and Serrs and then par-boiled them for a long minute which toned the heat down nicely.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 am

So, you don't like the :slap: :evilnana: :evilnana: :slap: of the seeds? First of all for me that's way too much work. I just hack off the stems and let it ride. After watching your process I have an idea or two I am going to try the next time I do some, which will be soon since the "salsa vultures" (Hey, how's that for a band name) have swooped down on my current supply. I put up 12 quarts and a big jar the last time. How do they know?? :dont: :dont:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:21 am

Guilty - - - guess I actually made "Wussie Roasted Salsa" eh :dont: :whiteflag:

Even tho I had about a half pint of the last batch, I could help but crack open a new jar from yesterday and try it on some "guess what?" It was awesome but mild. :dont:

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 am

Yeah, without the seeds its Wussie :oops: :oops: for sure. I could always send you some of my next batch to liven it up a little. :cheers: :cheers: Bet it had a good flavor though. Most times after it sits a while it warms up.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:31 am

Well, well, well. This morning I opened the door for my paper (yeah I know, I'm old) and I was pleasantly surprised to see a box from none other than OUP. He told me there was a little care package on the way by Pony Express but those Ponies must have been drones or something. Anyway, inside was a carefully wrapped jar of his latest masterpiece salsa, and a jar of Sucklebusters pepper jelly. I set the pepper jelly aside and immediately went for some chips. The color was amazing (we do eat with our eyes first) a nice subtle, smokey aroma, and then the taste. It is hard to describe. Very flavorful, had a tiny little bit of sweet after taste from the tomatoes, but wasn't hot at all. I think this would pair really well with something like fish tacos or some other fish dish. It does not have the "in your face" bite like all of mine do. There is definitely a place for this in everyone's cupboard. That being said, thank you so much for allowing me to see and taste your latest creation, it was an honor.
Now, I am a little perplexed why you sent me the pepper jelly? I have to be honest, I don't even know what to use it on. This stuff is beyond me. Could someone share their uses for this?
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:21 am

I use the P.J. in with my Salsa sometimes, especially on my breakfast taco/pizzas - - - seems like Egg and Wild Bill had some bacon sammich things they put it on but I'll let them enlighten you on that.

:salut: Glad you enjoyed it and it was a small payback for what you have shared with this "newbie" in the Salsa department, Recipes and suggestions. Wish I had enuff to send to more folks ?so? maybe later :santa:

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”