Spices you guys use

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Spices you guys use

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Was just wondering if you use ground slices like cumin coriander and fennel to name 3. The reason why I ask is I use these all the time, an Indian, not your Indians,lol. Told me to always buy the seeds and dry roast before grinding them. That is what I do, the smell is amazing as they start to cook,and I believe the taste is even better doing it that way. Thoughts?

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Spices you guys use

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:50 am

when it comes to Spices, I'm pretty much Tex-Mex, Suthern or Cajun - - - occasionally I will use garlic, creme of tartar, sesame, dill and cumin but mostly it's S&P, Cayenne or BBQ Spices from SuckleBusters :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:18 am

I have more than 100 spices on four rotating carousels. Have to alphabetize them to find things. :shock:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
88rxna
Rustler

Postby 88rxna » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:44 pm

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:05 pm

I've got a 13oz Ribeye slowly thawing as I type - - - then I'm gonna have me another CFSS fix either tomorrow or Monday for sure. It depends on SWMBO :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”