Zach's spice co?

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Purestock25
Pilgrim

Zach's spice co?

Postby Purestock25 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:33 pm

I was talking to Dad the other day, and he mentioned that he had used a sausage seasoning that came in a white paper bag. I looked around, and found Zach's sausage seasoning. I tried some in a small batch, and it was very good. I then looked around on the Internet, and found their website. They have several rubs, spices etc. Long story short, I did a brisket on the smoker today,(my first try ever) using their brisket rub. It turned out very good. Good flavor. Not too salty, but not needing any salt to have a great taste. I am impressed with the brisket rub.

I also decided, since I had the fire going, to throw a couple slabs of pork ribs on the pit. I rubbed them with the Zach's sweet BBQ rub. They turned out very good too! I think I have found my new
go-to rubs. I am very pleased with the results.

Anyone else tried any of Zach's products?
Last edited by Purestock25 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Zach's spice co?

Postby Rambo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 am

So you used the Rib Rub on the Brisket and the BBQ Rub on the Ribs? :dont:
Purestock25
Pilgrim

Postby Purestock25 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 pm

No, sorry. Missed that on the proof read. I'll bet it would've still been good that way.
jtilk
Outlaw

Postby jtilk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Purestock25 wrote:I was talking to Dad the other day, and he mentioned that he had used a sausage seasoning that came in a white paper bag. I looked around, and found Zach's sausage seasoning. I tried some in a small batch, and it was very good. I then looked around on the Internet, and found their website. They have several rubs, spices etc. Long story short, I did a brisket on the smoker today,(my first try ever) using their brisket rub. It turned out very good. Good flavor. Not too salty, but not needing any salt to have a great taste. I am impressed with the brisket rub.

I also decided, since I had the fire going, to throw a couple slabs of pork ribs on the pit. I rubbed them with the Zach's sweet BBQ rub. They turned out very good too! I think I have found my new
go-to rubs. I am very pleased with the results.

Anyone else tried any of Zach's products?

Yes, I've used some of their stuff myself. If I'm not mistaken they are located right outside of Houston in Deer Park or Pasadena. I have other rubs I prefer to use but their stuff isn't bad by any means. I would recommend their steak and fajitas rubs as well.
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”