I really need some help on "Bullseye Texas", BBQ sauce.

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Changeling
Pilgrim

I really need some help on "Bullseye Texas", BBQ sauce.

Postby Changeling » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Hellow to all. This is my first post here, so if I do something wrong just tell me.

My son absoluely loves "Bullseye Texas BBQ sauce" (less of a sugery taste, more spicy), however the company has disconued the sauce and it is not available in my area.
Does anywon know how to make a reasonable copy, or have a recipe that would be along the same lines?

He's in College and I am extremely proud of him, so I am trying to find a way to make it for him. He basically has never asked me for anything, so this is a "Quest" to get something he dearly loves.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

I posted this relatively same question at another forum, but basically no luck. Just thought you guys should know.
bryantxbbq USER_AVATAR
BryanTXbbq
Pilgrim

Re: I really need some help on "Bullseye Texas", BBQ sauce.

Postby BryanTXbbq » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:17 pm

I've not tried this myself but it claims to be the real deal.

Bullseye BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup chopped onions
1 can tomatoe sauce − 8 oz.
1 Cup water
1 1/4 Cup ketchup
2 Teaspoon brown sugar
2 Teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
1 Teaspoon olive oil
1 Teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 dash tobasco sauce
Combine ingredients, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
Bullseye
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Changeling, tell your son the sauce is not discontinued by Kraft. It may be just a distribution decision in his area.
Here is a letter I received when I asked Kraft about it.

Thank you for contacting us about the availability of BULL'S-EYE Texas Style Barbecue Sauce . There is nothing more important to us than pleasing you, and every one of our consumers, with high-quality products.

We do sell this product nationally, however, please understand that the decision to carry certain products in regional areas is determined by the grocery store. This is often determined by what tastes or type of products sell best in these areas.

You may find similar products or different sizes of the same product by searching our online Product Locator at www.kraftfoods.com/wheretobuy. Just type the name of the product you want or select from our extended list of products. Then enter your zip code and click on the search button.

It was great hearing from you, and remember we're always updating our site so visit us again soon!

Kim McMiller
Associate Director, Consumer Relations
I hope this helps. :D
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
Changeling
Pilgrim

Postby Changeling » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:51 pm

k.a.m. I am very thankful for what you have done, and the other guys. I printed everything out, including the search locator and the local locations where it's available. I'll be giving this information to my son tomorrow and am very sure it will make them extremely happy!

Heck, I am even going to try it again, maybe I just missed something in the taste, one never knows till you give things a really good go.

Once again, Thank you Sir for the help!

Changeling
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Saw some today at HEB in Burleson, had plenty. I"m sure HEB and there affiliates across the state have it as well.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”