The Tabasco line of products

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

The Tabasco line of products

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:40 pm

I like Tabasco's Chipotle sauce and the original. There is always a big bottle of the original in my house. Its my fall back sauce for eggs and cooking in general when you want a little zip. Didn't like their Jalapeno green sauce at all. That said I just tried their Habanero and I have to say I'm impressed. Very impressed. Beats the 3 other hab sauces currently in my reefer (all of them non-Sucklebuster sauces). Its not as thick as Sucklebusters (which I also like to a fault) but the heat level will prevent me from using it other than as a condiment due to the Mrs aversion to said heat levels. :lol: At $6.39 for a 5 oz bottle its not on the cheap side but $/oz it beats Dave's Insanity's price point.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
davidtxs USER_AVATAR
Davidtxs
Bandolero

Re: The Tabasco line of products

Postby Davidtxs » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:04 pm

I ABSOUTLEY LOVE the Chipotle on just about anything its great I use it over the original
When I grow up I wanna be EITHER

Jethro Gibbs thats TW0 B's Second is for
OR
Redneck Cooker "watch out Trigg"
So If any teams want a reasonable website let me know
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:37 am

The Chipotle is my favorite however I find the original lacking in pepper flavor(to vinegary) I prefer the flavor of Crystal,Louisiana gold or Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce to Tabasco red.
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:10 pm

BluDawg wrote:The Chipotle is my favorite however I find the original lacking in pepper flavor(to vinegary) I prefer the flavor of Crystal,Louisiana gold or Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce to Tabasco red.

My sentiments exactly BluD. I will use Tabasco if the others are not available but it is not my favorite. Chipotle good have not tried the hab sauce.
tarde venientibus ossa....
pony express USER_AVATAR
Pony Express
Outlaw

Postby Pony Express » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:13 pm

I dont think Tabasco original is the same recipe as it was years ago. I can use it generously and not have a heat stroke, but as I remember years ago I had to use it very sparingly. I think it tasted better also back then.

That reminds me of a joke.
A guy asked this older gentleman how many years he had been married.

The old guy answered, I'm not sure but I know it been a long time cus we are on our second bottle of Tabasco!
Charmglo gasser,
New Braunfels offset smoker
Custom trailer pit offset smoker

Git-er done
GIG EM
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:39 pm

There is a story (source unknown) that a certain Sales Exec was faced with trying to increase sales of Tobasco. In the end he committed to "doubling sales" for the year. As the story goes, the Exec called up manufacturing and ordered new packaging - > double the size of the previous bottles. Rumor has it, he hits his sales goals...:)

Dave, I haven't tried the new stuff, gonna have to give it a look-see. I'm a Louisiana Pepper Sauce man myself (when not using the Gud Stuff).

;)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”