The Salt Lick, near Austin

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

The Salt Lick, near Austin

Postby Gator » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:39 am

My next door neighbor is moving down to Dripping Springs. He is going to be within 15 minutes of the famous Salt Lick BBQ joint. I have never had the pleasure of eating there , but I hear GREAT things about the place. Any confirmations? :?:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:30 pm

/yes, I can confirm that you neighbor is moving... :shock: :roll:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:05 pm

nascarchuck wrote:/yes, I can confirm that you neighbor is moving... :shock: :roll:

:lol:
tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Salt Lick

Postby Tex » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:50 am

The Salt Lick (in Driftwood - not the one on 360) has become Austins go-to Q joint. its about 25 minutes SW of town. the place has a good rustic family vibe that really makes this place what it is today. They've expanded as they've gotten more popular, but still have been able to maintain a good vibe down home vibe. I think this is the main reason why people flock to it. Rumor has it that they are building the same type of facility up in Dfw out near Joe Pool Lake in Cedar Hill.
I've eaten there probably 20 times. I give them the credit for turning a Dallas/Ft Worth raised kid who wasnt crazy about BBQ into a BBQ Junkie. I never really liked Q that much growing up in the Dallas area, i guess i just never had the best in Dfw, then one day about 15 years ago, someobody took me to the Salt Lick. First bite into one of their ribs, and I was hooked on good BBQ from that point on. Now through the years i've found a lot of places that are better, but the Salt Lick still remains in the top 10. They are very consistent with their quality, which is very hard to do especially with the volume of business they do. Anytime an out-of-towner comes to visit, we take them here (its close to home and you can always count on it being good). Expect to wait for a table, especially on the weekends and dont forget to bring your beer or wine (BYOB).
for a review of the food you can check out my site www.texasbbqreview.com

Tex
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:02 am

Never been there but, a friend sent me a couple bottles of sauce from there. They were good. :D
Jim
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:09 am

Hey Tex thanks, I confirmed with my buddy last night - he says he is close to the original Salt Lick. Cant wait to go fer a visit!!!

Thanks for the mini-review. We will work on the the other stuff soon. :wink:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”