Bryan / College Station - Suggestions?

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Bryan / College Station - Suggestions?

Postby Tex » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:12 am

anyone got any good suggestions for these parts?

I got one email suggesting Fargos Pit BBQ in Bryan, but sounds like they're just take out/catering

Tex
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:16 am

Ate at C & J when last back home,(bout 3 years ago), Was Very Good!
Small place, Big portions!!!
dj
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
bigtex
Pilgrim

Postby bigtex » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:19 pm

I have heard from a friend that attends the university their that C & J is good, but he said to go to the original C & J and not to the franchise newer one's.
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Yep, My Sister and her Better .5 said the same thing and is where we ate. Was kinda like a small Mom & Pops corner grocery converted to a Q place. Pretty Kewl with good eats.
dj

bigtex wrote:I have heard from a friend that attends the university their that C & J is good, but he said to go to the original C & J and not to the franchise newer one's.
http://djstexasstylebbq.com

Caldwell, Texas Native
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:41 am

there is a Dickey's in town now too......... :puke:
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:14 pm

How about the Mt. Zion church over in Huntsville? Heard some say that was purty good.

bigwheel
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:13 am

Mt. Zion's is not only good, it is an experience. If it hasn't changed, it is served family style - everything in the middle of the table, help yourself. The ladies who run it are unique - It's a big tourist attraction. Give it a try!
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:35 am

Ok I can finally post something about an area LOL B/CS is my backyard, I go there at least once a week if not more. I agree C&J's is probably the best Q around but sad news the original place is closed for construction I believe it will be reopened in July but can't remember for sure. Rumor has that Ruby's is good but I've never eaten there. Now if you go on down the road a bit to Anderson there is a little BBQ stand that is next to the courthouse I think it's called Texas BBQ that my son says is pretty good. If your wanting something other than Q in Navasota there is a Mexican place called La Casita of Hwy 6 that is very good and a great steak house is the Wrangle SteakHouse on 6 also. Now our fav place to eat is a place we call the Roach Coach, but that cause we can't pronounce the name, it a little mexican food place that has the best tacos. The front of it is a small travel trailer. LOL My oldest son said he needs to see if they have a daughter his age LOL. You get on 6 south and exit at the 105 east exit and it's a little less than a mile Circle H store, it is immediately past a school bus barn.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”