Spring Creek Frisco

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Spring Creek Frisco

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:53 pm

I've gone on record before defending Spring Creek and I was dead serious but I had dinner there tonight and I regress. Had ribs, some of the worst ribs ever, these ribs could challenge Tony Romas for bottom of the bucket. They were obviously leftover from a previous time then reheated on the charbroiler (this isn't necessarily all that bad in itself). The things were undercooked meaning tough and really did not have good flavor. The topper was that whatever they used for a rub I swear had flour in it you could scrape it off with your fork! Potato salad and slaw were good and yes I still like their sauce. If you can't eat the meat you can always dip the little bread loaves in sauce and eat 'em.....
tarde venientibus ossa....
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:23 pm

Thats interesting Papa T, I ate at a Spring Creek this week (Dallas) and was duly impressed with my ribs...for chain stuff, they were really good. But like you, I the past I have experienced the reheated ones too. :cry:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:48 pm

I swore off ALL Spring Creeks a long while back after visiting the one in Irving, TX. We had a coupon to buy one rib plate, get one free... now the ribs previously had been tolerable. On that visit, they pulled the grey colored ribs (had to have been boiled) out of a cooler and slapped them on a char grill and smothered them in sauce. Once the sauce was burnt, they but them and put them on a plate... They were terrible...

Maybe just one experience at one location, but that was enough for me.

My $.02

James.
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:04 am

Yep, I swore off the Frisco location last time I ate there too a couple months ago.
SC and Randy Whites are on my do not eat at list here.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
pitbull USER_AVATAR
Pitbull
Pilgrim

Re: Spring Creek Frisco

Postby Pitbull » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Papa Tom wrote:I've gone on record before defending Spring Creek and I was dead serious but I had dinner there tonight and I regress. Had ribs, some of the worst ribs ever, these ribs could challenge Tony Romas for bottom of the bucket. They were obviously leftover from a previous time then reheated on the charbroiler (this isn't necessarily all that bad in itself). The things were undercooked meaning tough and really did not have good flavor. The topper was that whatever they used for a rub I swear had flour in it you could scrape it off with your fork! Potato salad and slaw were good and yes I still like their sauce. If you can't eat the meat you can always dip the little bread loaves in sauce and eat 'em.....

I couldn't agree with you more. I've eaten there several times and had the same experience. I had a chopped beef sammy the last time I was there and what they did to the beef is a sin. :?
Pitbull
frognot USER_AVATAR
frognot
Pilgrim

Postby frognot » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm

When asked about Spring Creek, i always say "They have good baked goods . . ."
cbucher
Rustler

Postby cbucher » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:37 pm

My son used to work at the one in Irving,and I don't eat there either.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Well I got one of them places a hop and skip from my house called Shady Oaks. They owned or affiliated with Spring Creek but apparently have some lee way on food quality. Warden got some real good fairly lean point meat on her bbq platter..I got some highly tolerable fried catfish and they had a live band along the creek bank out on the verandah..country and bluegras of course. Margaritoes was killers and the waitresses was cute and skimpily dressed. They cook on two Ole Hicxkorys which poke out under the over hang. Named Bestsy and Bertha or similar. I could find worse places to nag about. It on the corner of I=35 W. and Western Center Blvd. Right behind the movie theater and Chilis. Now if I had a choice I would not eat there personally. I go to Catfish and Company for Catfish. Aint nobody cooks bbq or makes as good of Margaritoes as mine. I also got the best fried catfish. Only thing I am lacking is the cute scantily clad waiteresses and the band on the Veranda. I'm working on that part. They are head and and shoulders above a regular old Spring Creek location. They dont serve that crappy bread either.

bigwheel

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”