Salt Lick - Cedar Hill - REVIEWS?

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Salt Lick - Cedar Hill - REVIEWS?

Postby Tex » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:46 pm

Has anyone been to the new Salt Lick in Cedar Hill? Any Pictures or Comparison Reviews of the one in Driftwood?
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:55 pm

Not sure it is open yet?
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
chilibbq
Wrangler

Postby chilibbq » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:31 am

They haven't broken ground, I believe. According to a lady named Jan Smith, paperwork is getting very close a couple of weeks ago. They hoped to be ground breaking very soon.
chilibbq
tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Postby Tex » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:52 am

i thought they had started construction back in 2007 (according to a Grand Prairie website), and were already catering?

I wonder what the setback has been?
chilibbq
Wrangler

Postby chilibbq » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:57 am

They are catering in the area already, but they hadn't broken ground as of a couple weeks ago. From what I understood, the hang up was the purchase of the land, the land they wanted was owned by the Corp of Engineers, and there was a lot to do because of that.
chilibbq
tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Postby Tex » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:34 am

interesting. That was a hangup a while back too, but it sounded like they had worked out a deal. I think thats been the main challenge all along. I imagine there is a ton of extra paperwork when purchasing land from the corp of engineers.

They closed the one on 360 in Austin (it wasnt anything like the Driftwood loc). I heard they're building a new site up in Round Rock, just north of Austin. I wonder if they're ditching the idea of doing the one in Grand Prairie and shifting over to Round Rock? It has been about 3 years now since they first started talking about the Joe Pool location and working on trying to open one up out there.
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:24 am

I dont think they are backing off up here Tex, I am still receiveing promotions from the local folks...the catering is done on site.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
cartman
Pilgrim

Postby cartman » Fri May 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Howdy y'all,

I live in Driftwood, just down the street from the original Salt Lick. Yep, the 360 location closed, the landlord didn't renew their lease because he plans to build a hotel at the location. And yep, they are building a Salt Lick up in Round Rock, next door to the Round Rock Express baseball stadium. As for the one up at Joe Pool Lake, I haven't heard much about that as of late. Most of the info has been on the new residential development they are building on the land bordering the Salt Lick here in Driftwood.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”