The Lazy Dog BBQ (& sports bar) Boulder CO

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

The Lazy Dog BBQ (& sports bar) Boulder CO

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:49 pm

The Lazy Dog used to be a burger/sports bar for years. Than about 6 months ago they moved locations from north Boulder to the Pearl Street Mall and started advertising BBQ too.

So the Mrs & I were killing some time and decided to stop in. It was a little before 2pm so the lunch crowd had gone.

The BBQ side of the house they have a PP sammie, brisket sammie, baby back platter, St. Louis platter, beef rib platter, PP platter and brisket platter. Everything comes sauced and the waitress didn't think didn't think it possible to have sauce on the side. So I ordered the full rack of St. Louis as it was supposible sauced with some kind of tangy vinegar sauce and not the sickly sweet KC style sauces offered on every thing else.

The rack came with a knife but the rack had already been disected. The bones were piled on top of each other. Counted the bones... ten of them. Now I always thought a full rack had a dozen bones or more :roll: I'll have to check that one out.

The sauce, while tangy with a vinegar taste also had tomato sauce in it and too d*#m much sugar for my taste. Light smokey flavor to the meat which was a tad over done as the meat fell off of 3 the bones with no assistance from me. The platter also came with slaw (tiny amount), fries (which I gave to the Mrs), two silver dollar size corn-bread/roll things and beans. The beans were too sweet for my liking also.

The Mrs had a smoked chicken breast sammie which she said was pretty good.

I was told that the smoker is on the roof and customers aren't allow up there. I was also told that they use a blend of mesquite and hickory but it smelled more like oak to me.

In any case the rack of ribs ran $16.95, which is cheaper than most places around here.

The ribs were larger than what I can find in the stores. The butcher can order them bigger racks but ya got to buy a whole case of 'em. Just think it would have been so much better with sauce on the side.

From the camera phone:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:00 pm

Sounds yummy...........NOT...Overdone is OK but I can't take the sweet either
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”