Shout out for "Pok-e-Jo's" in Austin

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Shout out for "Pok-e-Jo's" in Austin

Postby Chasdev » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:57 pm

The wife and I stopped at Pok-e-jo's for lunch today and were surprised at how good it was.
The sliced point end brisket and sliced sausage sandwiches were outstanding as were the fried okra and tea.
We tried to go to Valentina's but like Franklin's the line of hipsters and neckbeards was WAY too long so we pulled up at Pok-e's and walked right in and in 5 minutes were digging into some great Q at a decent price.
Chain store or not, they get the job done with no neckbeards or hipsters clogging up my need to feed.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Shout out for "Pok-e-Jo's" in Austin

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:27 am

Where is the pictures? ;)
for what it is worth I go the PJ's near the old sears store every now and then,
they do an ok job considering the no line, and decent facilities :salut:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:28 pm

I just visited their web page and I was badly mistaken, they are NOT a chain restaurant, they have 5 locations in the Austin area, period.
I'm going back next week, got to get some more sliced point end and the wife says the sausage is better than Lockhart OR Elgin..
MaryFzL
Pilgrim

Postby MaryFzL » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:54 am

Chasdev wrote:The wife and I stopped at Pok-e-jo's for lunch today and were surprised at how good it was.
The sliced point end brisket and sliced sausage sandwiches were outstanding as were the fried okra and tea.
We tried to go to Valentina's but like Franklin's the line of hipsters and neckbeards was WAY too long so we pulled up at Pok-e's and walked right in and in 5 minutes were digging into some great Q at a decent price.
Chain store or not, they get the job done with no neckbeards or hipsters clogging up my need to feed.

Yeah, this is an amazing place! I've been there only twice, but I'm in love with grilled cheese and ribs :chef:
I'm about to be American, means that I need to know how to grill!

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”